Werner Herzog's Nosferatu - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Default Werner Herzog's Nosferatu

I just watched this last night, hopefully it gets the BD treatment in the future. The SD is Anchor Bay non-anamorphic, so hopefully Starz takes care of those specs.

I love me some Herzog!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I just watched this last night, hopefully it gets the BD treatment in the future. The SD is Anchor Bay non-anamorphic, so hopefully Starz takes care of those specs.

I love me some Herzog!

A very underrated little film is this, the 1979 remake of Nosferatu. I saw it in 1979 on its cinema release and have the Anchor Bay DVD. Bruno Ganz (Downfall) is the unfortunate Jonathon Harker who goes up against Klaus Kinski's Dracula.
Very atmospheric film and a good use of music by Handel makes for some stunning scenes - such as the approach and arrival at Castle Dracula through the mountains and the Nosferatu's arrival and moving around in the city for the first time. Herzog's portrayal of evil as a creeping malaise only adds to film's atmosphere too.

Yeah if any film calls out for a release this is definitely on the list.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post

I love me some Herzog!
One of the first DVDs I ever picked up. GREAT film.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
A very underrated little film is this, the 1979 remake of Nosferatu. I saw it in 1979 on its cinema release and have the Anchor Bay DVD. Bruno Ganz (Downfall) is the unfortunate Jonathon Harker who goes up against Klaus Kinski's Dracula.
Very atmospheric film and a good use of music by Handel makes for some stunning scenes - such as the approach and arrival at Castle Dracula through the mountains and the Nosferatu's arrival and moving around in the city for the first time. Herzog's portrayal of evil as a creeping malaise only adds to film's atmosphere too.

Yeah if any film calls out for a release this is definitely on the list.
Holy shit, I didn't even recognize him!!!!

He had a Gerard Depardieu thing going.

Yeah, Kinsky was very creepy as Nosferatu.

isabelle Adjani was a smoking little thing.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32 View Post
One of the first DVDs I ever picked up. GREAT film.

I almost picked up the laserdisc of this film, but the dvd came out before I got the chance, so I saved a lot of money.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:19 AM

Anchor Bay later released an anamorphic version, but from what I read, the PQ wasn't much better than the non-anamorphic disc. I'd really like to see a Blu-ray release of this; it's a movie that stays with you.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Agreed. I'd LOVE to see Aguirre Wrath of God, The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser and Even Dwarves Started Small on Blu-ray