Werner Herzog's Nosferatu - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default Werner Herzog's Nosferatu

I just watched this last night, hopefully it gets the BD treatment in the future. The SD is Anchor Bay non-anamorphic, so hopefully Starz takes care of those specs.


I love me some Herzog!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 AM
The Limey's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I just watched this last night, hopefully it gets the BD treatment in the future. The SD is Anchor Bay non-anamorphic, so hopefully Starz takes care of those specs.


I love me some Herzog!

A very underrated little film is this, the 1979 remake of Nosferatu. I saw it in 1979 on its cinema release and have the Anchor Bay DVD. Bruno Ganz (Downfall) is the unfortunate Jonathon Harker who goes up against Klaus Kinski's Dracula.
Very atmospheric film and a good use of music by Handel makes for some stunning scenes - such as the approach and arrival at Castle Dracula through the mountains and the Nosferatu's arrival and moving around in the city for the first time. Herzog's portrayal of evil as a creeping malaise only adds to film's atmosphere too.

Yeah if any film calls out for a release this is definitely on the list.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 AM
John32's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I just watched this last night, hopefully it gets the BD treatment in the future. The SD is Anchor Bay non-anamorphic, so hopefully Starz takes care of those specs.


I love me some Herzog!
One of the first DVDs I ever picked up. GREAT film.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 PM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
A very underrated little film is this, the 1979 remake of Nosferatu. I saw it in 1979 on its cinema release and have the Anchor Bay DVD. Bruno Ganz (Downfall) is the unfortunate Jonathon Harker who goes up against Klaus Kinski's Dracula.
Very atmospheric film and a good use of music by Handel makes for some stunning scenes - such as the approach and arrival at Castle Dracula through the mountains and the Nosferatu's arrival and moving around in the city for the first time. Herzog's portrayal of evil as a creeping malaise only adds to film's atmosphere too.

Yeah if any film calls out for a release this is definitely on the list.
Holy shit, I didn't even recognize him!!!!

He had a Gerard Depardieu thing going.


Yeah, Kinsky was very creepy as Nosferatu.

isabelle Adjani was a smoking little thing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:09 PM
cheez avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32 View Post
One of the first DVDs I ever picked up. GREAT film.


I almost picked up the laserdisc of this film, but the dvd came out before I got the chance, so I saved a lot of money.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 117
Default

Anchor Bay later released an anamorphic version, but from what I read, the PQ wasn't much better than the non-anamorphic disc. I'd really like to see a Blu-ray release of this; it's a movie that stays with you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2009, 01:38 PM
badabingbadaboom's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Agreed. I'd LOVE to see Aguirre Wrath of God, The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser and Even Dwarves Started Small on Blu-ray
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Werner Herzog's Nosferatu The Limey SteelBook / Iron Pack 0 02-01-2014 04:27 PM
Werner Herzog/ Klaus Kinski Edition - August (Ger) The Limey Blu-ray Imports Subforum 18 09-16-2012 11:29 AM
Werner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo The Limey Blu-ray Wish Lists 0 01-23-2011 08:43 AM
Werner Herzog's Nosferatu (France) The Limey Blu-ray Imports Subforum 24 09-30-2010 12:33 AM
Keanu Reeves Pitches 'Bill & Ted' Sequel With Werner Herzog Directing Master X Film Forum 6 09-22-2010 03:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off