Equilibrium - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-04-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Equilibrium

Okay...I would think the studio(s) would be wanting to maximize Christian Bale's star power with Terminator and get this released on BD at least around the time that Terminator: Salvation comes out on home video but then I went to see the studio involved and it's Dimension Films, which is just an alias for Weinstein. Safe to say this may never see a BD release domestically?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes Equilibrium is an awesome movie, in fact I just watched it again a few hours ago. I actually recommended this movie to somebody I work with recently, they bought a copy and enjoyed the movie. I would definitely like to see this come out on Blu-Ray, the action sequences would be excellent in HD, and I'd like a lossless audio track as well, plus besides the action sequences the movie tells an excellent story that parallels some real world things and shows what humanity could become in the future if we continue in our ways (which I don't want to see happen, but I'm all for learning the Gun-kata ).
Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 AM

I've seen the HD DVD rip and it's nice indeed...which is all the reason more for unleashing this on BD. The work's already been done.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:04 AM

I already have the HD-DVD.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I already have the HD-DVD.

As do I. Awesome movie, in fact, I think I'm going to watch it again in the near future now.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:30 PM

This is at the top of my Blu Ray wish list. I have worn out my dvd from watching this so many times.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 AM

yeah, i'd pick this up on blu-ray

i have it on dvd, but i've been holding off on watching it again because i've been hoping for a bd release
Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 AM

it's out on blu-ray in Japan as of 6/3. I am definitely going to import asap.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 AM

The Japanese company releasing the blu is the one responsible for the HD DVD release. So if they just port over what they already did the Blu should get great PQ and AQ.

I know some shy away from import, especially those in languages hard to understand like Japanese, I was pleasantly surprised to find a English menu in the HD DVD, turning off the Japanese subs was was easily too, even though that menu was in Japanese .
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
The Japanese company releasing the blu is the one responsible for the HD DVD release. So if they just port over what they already did the Blu should get great PQ and AQ.

I know some shy away from import, especially those in languages hard to understand like Japanese, I was pleasantly surprised to find a English menu in the HD DVD, turning off the Japanese subs was was easily too, even though that menu was in Japanese .
If that is the case I would be up for paying extra for an import. Especially for this movie. Thanks for the heads up on this!