The Unit - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-29-2009, 01:38 AM

Default The Unit

Why no announcements from Fox/Paramount regarding this show on Blu-ray?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 AM

ooh, found this: http://www.amazon.com/Unit-Complete-...0984349&sr=8-1

Announcement coming soon, I hope.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Yeah, so many shows are coming. Too bad no Prison Break Season 4. Blu-ray is even getting 'My Name Is Earl'...
Old 04-29-2009, 02:11 AM

I'm a little bummed that Life and Eli Stone won't be making it, though. Not offering Prison Break Season 4 makes little sense...especially with the contingent of fans that the show has garnered. Give it some time.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 PM

Yeah Im looking forward to The Unit coming out on Bluray!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:22 PM

fired up, fired up. Season finale this Sunday!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 AM

I dont watch TV. LOL I know that sounds funny. I only have OTA so actually I watch a little.

I buy my TV (its cheaper). Over the years Ive just got fedup with the high cost of cable / sat. I always had bad experiences with billing depts. My last forey into it was Dish Network. Somehow they didnt even have my proper name in their system. To actually make a payment I had to go through hours of hell to get it temp fixed. Then the next month it would be the same OLE shit. And it created nothing buy chaos. Ended up costing me a fortune because I finally just canceled it. I do have comcast Internet though (I wont go into that horror story). Ive had comcast, dish, charter etc multiply multiply times and its always some damn problem causing my life nightmares. Even comcast Internet took me 4/5 months to get properly setup where they werent over billing me.

So how I go about choosing my TV buying. I try to catch a few episodes online to see if I will like something. Base information off friends and family etc. Example - The Unit. My sister was talking it up and let me borrow S1 and S2. So I watched it and obviously loved it. So I bought her S3 on DVD and watched it and then gave it to her. I dont buy DVD anymore so basically Im just waiting on this to be released on Bluray.

Im waiting for all kinds of shows lol. Gives me something to look forward to, since they are being released so slowly.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 AM

yes...I agree it's too expensive, though I still have cable and just connect it directly to my TV's QAM tuner (they can keep their box). Fortunately for The Unit, it's on CBS so should be free OTA in your area.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I dont watch TV. LOL I know that sounds funny. I only have OTA so actually I watch a little.

I buy my TV (its cheaper). Over the years Ive just got fedup with the high cost of cable / sat. I always had bad experiences with billing depts. My last forey into it was Dish Network. Somehow they didnt even have my proper name in their system. To actually make a payment I had to go through hours of hell to get it temp fixed. Then the next month it would be the same OLE shit. And it created nothing buy chaos. Ended up costing me a fortune because I finally just canceled it. I do have comcast Internet though (I wont go into that horror story). Ive had comcast, dish, charter etc multiply multiply times and its always some damn problem causing my life nightmares. Even comcast Internet took me 4/5 months to get properly setup where they werent over billing me.

So how I go about choosing my TV buying. I try to catch a few episodes online to see if I will like something. Base information off friends and family etc. Example - The Unit. My sister was talking it up and let me borrow S1 and S2. So I watched it and obviously loved it. So I bought her S3 on DVD and watched it and then gave it to her. I dont buy DVD anymore so basically Im just waiting on this to be released on Bluray.

Im waiting for all kinds of shows lol. Gives me something to look forward to, since they are being released so slowly.
I'm the same way, the only reason I have cable (for $50 a month) is so my wife can watch her stories. Regardless of cost, ever since the first season of 24 I've been too fed up with the commercials, the inconvenience of having to watch at a scheduled time and being unable to pause, not to mention the general poor broadcast quality.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 PM

Excellent finale...looks like The Unit will be back for at least one more season (moved to Fridays this time).