Likelihood of The Office Season 5 on BLU? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 PM

Default Likelihood of The Office Season 5 on BLU?

Are there any other TV seasons by whoever puts the DVDs out, also putting out Blu-rays? I believe it is NBC Universal, I don't pay attention to TV show blu-rays but I was wondering if this company currently puts out blu-rays now.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:59 PM

Universal has, so far, on the TV on blu front, released only the first 2 seasons of Heroes. Season 3 is rumored for an August date. They are also releasing the Complete BSG set this summer. Other than that, nothing else has seen the light of day from Uni regarding TV. But, Universal as a film distributor has been fairly good (but not great) about day and dates.

Will the series be on Blu eventually? It's a very safe bet that we will, yes. The Office is one of their best selling shows on DVD so it's priority for BD is probably pretty high. However, the studio doesn't really have a track record for TV on HDM. It could be this post-season that we start to really see their TV on BD efforts or it could be next year..... we'll have to wait and see.