ER on Blu-Ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Default ER on Blu-Ray

After watching the poignant final episode, I really wish they'd bring the series out on BD.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 AM

I have the first two on Standard Def, but I wouldn't mind being able to buy the rest on Blu.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 AM

Right now I only have the first season on DVD, but I would definitely get it on Blu-Ray if Warner Bros. would put it out. Unfortunately, they seem to be behind the curve where TV-on-Blu-Ray is concerned compared to some of the other studios.

I think eventually they will, but the later seasons will see the most benefit, especially the last part of the final season, since that was shot digitally anyways. If Warner Bros. does start releasing individual seasons and not a box set, they'll probably start with the 13th one this January, if for no other reason, than January seems like a good time to start doing Blu-Ray releases.

When they do put them out, though, I hope the pricing will be reasonable. $50 seems about right for a season, but I would have a hard time paying anything more that $300 for a series box set.

But the one thing they should definitely do is load up on supplementaries, and make as many of them HD as they can.