That thing you do on Blu - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 PM

Default That thing you do on Blu

I would pick this up day one if this ever gets released. Especially if it gets a DTS MA track.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM

I'd be all over this as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM

I forget which studio produced this movie?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
I forget which studio produced this movie?

FOX

For the longest time, I used to shit on this film, then they released the director's cut on SD, and I blind bought. It was really fucking good. Oh, and it was one of Charlize Theron's first appearances.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
FOX

For the longest time, I used to shit on this film, then they released the director's cut on SD, and I blind bought. It was really fucking good. Oh, and it was one of Charlize Theron's first appearances.
Nice! Since it's a fox movie it should get the usual DTS MA treatment whenever it comes out.

On a side note I know Tom Hanks wrote this movie as well as a few of the songs on the soundtrack, and I believe he directed it as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Nice! Since it's a fox movie it should get the usual DTS MA treatment whenever it comes out.

On a side note I know Tom Hanks wrote this movie as well as a few of the songs on the soundtrack, and I believe he directed it as well.

I hope the release the "Tom Hanks Director's Cut." That's the version I saw, so I hope they come through.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I hope the release the "Tom Hanks Director's Cut." That's the version I saw, so I hope they come through.
I've only watched the original VHS version years ago. I would like to see the Directors Cut version released as well because i'm sure it has more footage. (so I've heard)
Old 04-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I've only watched the original VHS version years ago. I would like to see the Directors Cut version released as well because i'm sure it has more footage. (so I've heard)
Yeah and some of the deleted scenes are Hillarious...Wish it was out on blu soon
Old 05-13-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I would like to see the Directors Cut version released as well because I'm sure it has more footage. (so I've heard)
It does has more footage, including some good scenes, but the ending in MUCH weaker. I love the movie (I'd buy the Blu in a heartbeat!) and I was excited to find the longer version, but for the most part it work better in it's theatrical version.