Any info on LETHAL WEAPON 3 & 4? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-15-2009, 05:22 PM

Default Any info on LETHAL WEAPON 3 & 4?

What ever happend to the series on BD? We got the first 2 films on BD in 2006 and here we are now 3 years later and no 3 and 4!?!?!?

I would of think warner would at least put them out by now.

This is one of my all time favorite action series, They get better and better.
I was wacthing LETHAL WEAPON 2 a few days ago on tbs and said man I want the rest of the series on BD.

After that I pulled out my dvd sets out the directors cuts of 1,2, and 3 and wacthed them then got my regular set of all 4 and watched 4.

I aslo hope we get 1 more film. We got a new ROCKY, RAMBO, DIE HARD. Why not a new LETHAL WEAPON? Donner is not doing anything im sure he can get Glover, Pesci, Russo, and Rock to come back and to convince Mel to come back as well.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 PM

I hope Warner will re-release the first two moves too when they do release the last two and gives us seamles branching with both cuts of the first three movies on one BD disc and special editions this time too.

I hope they make part 5, if they do it right. I mean if Warner keeps Lethal Weapon 5 rated R, Richard Donner is involved, bring back as many actors that they can from th other movies, and most importantaly keep the feel of the first two movies. I almost forgot we have to have both Dany and Mel back as the leads again and not a new lead actor to replace one of them. Also Ruso's character has to die early in the 5th movie to bring Mel's character back to what it was in the first two movies and give the two leads a reason to go back on a case.

Last edited by blu-bird; 03-16-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:30 PM

I would sure like to get 3 & 4 on blu. all great movies.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:09 PM

I would have already picked up LW 1 and 2, but I'm afraid Warner will bring out special editions of all four movies since theres been talk of a 5th (which im not too keen on). But if Warner would release a box set id jump at it in a second.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddwupper View Post
I would have already picked up LW 1 and 2, but I'm afraid Warner will bring out special editions of all four movies since theres been talk of a 5th (which im not too keen on). But if Warner would release a box set id jump at it in a second.
I have the first one (from a BB buy one get one free) but I have been waiting to pick up the 2nd for this reason.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:05 AM

Supposedly part 5 is now dead.

Check blu-ray.com. There was a thread I was a part of over there where a supposed insider said WB has 3 and 4 done and are putting out a boxed set. Of course, that was a while back. Who knows what's happening now. I believe they're both available as HD rentals on the PS3.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:10 PM

I would love for WB to put out a set of all 4 movies on blu-ray. I've been debating getting the regular dvd director's cuts, but I have been trying to get my favourite movies on blu-ray to upgrade my collection. I would like director's cuts of the movies, but even if only the regular cuts were available, I'd get a complete blu-ray set. Any news on a complete set, or at least releases of 3 & 4 on blu-ray ?......as long as they have the commentary on 4.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:29 PM

I've got 1 on hd but have been holding off on getting 2 for the same reason as others(box set). Same reason I've held off on getting Shrek the Third on hd. The first 2 have to come out eventually & more than likely in a box set. Wish they would release them individually for those that already have 1 or more already(unlike Spiderman).