"Alias" Seasons 1-5 complete series - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Default "Alias" Seasons 1-5 complete series

While I believe seasons 1-3 were good seasons 4-5 were not good.

They are available as separate seasons on DVD or as a complete series on DVD at Amazon.com for $167.

Now if Buena Vista home video were to package this for Blu-Ray how much could they actually charge for this?
Well maybe not now but maybe in 5 years they could get $150. for the entires series?

The best thing about this series is it was mixed in 5.1 surround sound from the start, the initial broadcast on HDTV in Autumn 2001. It was not common for primetime dramas to be 5.1 then. ('NYPD Blue' was one of the first to do 5.1 Dolby Digital surround on a weekly primetime series on January 9, 2001 with season 8.)
Whether those 5.1 surround mixes will be Dolby Digital or get the DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround (48kHz/24-bit) treatment is really something to consider as they were always at list using surrounds with ambience, some sound fx source-panned, and great music using full orchestras on almost every episode for a few songs.

The pilot on the first season cost $10 million dollars. It was basically a $10. million dollar feature film that ran 66 minutes.

Last edited by HDencrypted; 03-04-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: add info about 5.1 DD on primetime series
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 PM

This was my favorite show while it was on. I would buy it for sure, but I'd probably buy it season by season so I don't have to pay that much up front. Either way, $150 for the whole series seems reasonable. Also, the pilot was amazing imo.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:07 AM

I'd love the show in HD... Season 5 left me feeling cheated as far as series finales go!!! :x

I would have prefered an all out action packed ending leaving lives in the balance then the drivel they gave us