Jurassic Park Series - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 AM

Default Jurassic Park Series

Hi,

Fantastic still now in DTS, cant imagine the sound quality if they came to Blue-Ray in DTS-MA or Tru DD.

The bass sound woud be out of this world and full speaker use with different parts of the film, with Universal now comung to Blue-Ray I keep hoping to read a release date of these 3 films. There is so many parts in all of them where they could be demonstration films to show of our systems to friends on how good blue ray is.

Well one day I hope it will happen...
Gafjet
Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 AM

I'm certainly not interested in spending money to show off my system. I'd be more interested in seeing some good films come out. The original JP has a very bright and grating sound mix, and the other two are pretty much rubbish. I bought the first two on laserdisc and haven't watched them more than twice.

I'd be happy to never see the Jurassic Parks, Bourne series, Indy Jones and Star Wars if I could get Glengarry Glen Ross on BD.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 AM

I am fan of JP1...that would be a treat
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 AM

Default Slow Hollywood

I'm maybe the biggest fan of Jurassic Park there is. I say "Jurassic Park" of course meaning just that. Not The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3. Such wastes of time. Jurassic Park was a masterpiece in my opinion and basically got me into the field that I'm in today. That being said, at the advent of DVD back in 1997 this was the one movie I really wanted on the format back then. Still today, it's what I'd most like to see on blu-ray. But Hollywood is very VERY hesitant to release their big movies on new, or relatively new, formats for a very long time. This seems to always hold true of Speilberg movies, George Lucas' films such as Star Wars, and many best pictures winners such as Braveheart, Dances With Wolves, etc. I'm happy to see that Close Encounters of The Third Kind and the latest Indiana Jones movie have been released. At least that tells me that Speilberg has no problem with the format and releases aren't being held up on his account. But you'd think that some of these films would be the very FIRST to come out on newer formats. It would be a great way to really showcase the technology. I'd expect films like Jurassic Park, the Lord of The Rings trilogy, Braveheart, and the Star Wars films to eventually be released. But judging from Hollywood's past track record with these, I'd think it may still be a few years. But here's to hoping!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:57 AM

too bad it will be aJP trilogy box-set most likely.... i dont think anyone wants JP2 or 3
Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM

I want all 3 JPs, though I agree part 1 is far and away the best. I hope when Universal does release them they do an amazing job. I know they'll sound good in DTS-HD MA but I hope the PQ is outstanding as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:59 AM

Well, the advantage to waiting for the biggest movies like Indy and Star Wars is you end up getting a much better product because the format has been given a chance to ripen. Imagine Indy or Star Wars having been released on Blu-Ray right away- on a single layer Mpeg 2 transfer with all the extras stripped out (the original DVD extras ported over at best). Hell, go back a format and imagine them released on DVD right away in '97. Not very impressive, I would guess.

On Jurassic Park: I'd buy up the original for sure, but thats all. The Lost World was disappointing and JP III was terrible: it had none of the tension and suspense from the first one. It was just like "Dinosaurs! Run!" and then "More dinosaurs! Run!" and then "Pterodactyls! Run!" and then "Yay, we survived!" THE END
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squozen View Post
I'm certainly not interested in spending money to show off my system. I'd be more interested in seeing some good films come out. The original JP has a very bright and grating sound mix, and the other two are pretty much rubbish. I bought the first two on laserdisc and haven't watched them more than twice.

I'd be happy to never see the Jurassic Parks, Bourne series, Indy Jones and Star Wars if I could get Glengarry Glen Ross on BD.
Wow, one would have thought that when you select a thread to discuss what is obviously the originators dream movie it would be to be supportive and not flame them. If Squozen started a thread about Glengarry Glen Ross, I wouldn't even open it, let alone post bashing comments when it is obvious the author loves that movie. Squozen doesn't want to see Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones and Star Wars; really, you must have one intersting taste of movies?

Jurrassic Park would be my ultimate release right now. Having paid a $150.00 for a Beta release of Star Wars back in 1983; I'd probably pay anything to get a Blu-ray copy of JP.

Come on Universal, let's see Jurassic Park now!

Cobra
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 PM

I also can't wait until Universal releases the series.

I'd buy the boxset.

I know some people diss the 2nd & 3rd film but I enjoyed all 3.

I agree the PQ & AQ would be fantastic. Can't wait to hear the T-Rex roar in DTS-HD MA.

I really hope that Universal will release them by the end of the year.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 PM

I got to have the whole set, I enjoyed all 3 films and i'm waiting for the 4th.