How about some remastered classics? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Default How about some remastered classics?

When Universal finally went blu the first thing I thought was it would be nice for them to remaster the classic monster movies for high def such as Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman. Every release on DVD hasn't exactly been up to snuff as far as I'm concered: too much grain, too much hissing and piss poor picture quality.These classics deserve much better. If Lowry digital could get a hold of these and remaster them it would be a blessing.What other classic movies do you think deserve the remastered treatment for high def?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 PM

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. (Extended Cut)

This film could use some restoration (especially the reinserted footage where the colors don't match).
Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Agree with Earthquake on Mad World and would also like to see all of the Hammer Horror theatrical classics remastered to HD Disc. Actually a great majority are not even available on SD DVD in the U.S. Other titles would be The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Alfred Hitchcock classics (the Universal titles, the Paramount title: To Catch a Thief; the Warner titles: North by Northwest, etc.), The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Extended and Theatrical cuts, the Indiana Jones first 3 movies, Home Alone 1 & 2, Titanic (Cameron version), and a bunch more too many to list here.