Deep Blue Sea - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-06-2008, 11:02 PM

Default Deep Blue Sea

I know this is probably not everyones favorite movie, but I greatly enjoyed it. It is by far the best Shark movie since Jaws. Surely I am not alone in this one. Anyone else looking forward to the possibility this title being released?
Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 AM

Not really ...lol.I thought it was pretty bad,especially the way they dumped Sam Jackson so quick in the movie.

I'd rather see them make Megalodon into blu ray.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM

It opened to mix reviews, so I knew there would be some whom would not appreciate its suggestion. However, unlike Seagal's exit in Executive Decision, I greatly enjoyed the part where Sammy exited prematurely from the film. It made the audience uneasy as it seemed anyone was vulnerable.

I can't say I have seen megalodon, though. So I'll have to check it out in order to defend my statement of DBS being the 'best' shark movie.

Last edited by Leftoverchinese; 04-07-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:57 PM

felt Deep Blue Sea was very good. Hope to see it released on Blu-Ray. Megalodon on the other hand was soooo bad imo. My god! The only nice thing was the big shark chasing a little underwater scooter. And the end where the big fish swam underneath that boat.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:47 AM

Deep Blue Sea was a decent flick, usual popcorn monster flick. If the transfer was done properly, that would be one heck of a BD. The effects were done very well, the cinematography was pretty good for not being an artsy film. The lossless audio track would be near priceless for this one. All those ambient sounds of the lab squeezing and buckling from the pressure, pure sex even in DD 5.1 lossy with a decent system...lossless would be orgasmic.

And I didn't mind SLJ becoming chum so quickly, he was kinda overacting in that film anyway. Maybe he was trying to be annoying knowing that his character was going to be dead before the movie was halfway over and figured he might as well give us a death we'd actually be satisfied with.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 AM

A guy who works at my local alternative type video store says that Jaws 3 is very popular and that some people rent it multiple times.
Never pegged that one for cult status.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM

I love this film.

This is the movie that made Thomas Jane a household name. He had this old school Steve McQueen attitude--at least that's who he was compared to.

Saffron Burrows is also in it.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverchinese View Post
I know this is probably not everyones favorite movie, but I greatly enjoyed it. It is by far the best Shark movie since Jaws. Surely I am not alone in this one. Anyone else looking forward to the possibility this title being released?
I actually thought it was fairly well-written for a monster movie. There is a plausible reason for making the brains of these animals larger, and I like the twist that

*plot spoiler*

their primary goal was NOT to eat everyone in the facility, it was something smarter. Sure, there are a lot of moments you need to suspend disbelief, but this movie is always entertaining, which is what monster movies are supposed to be. I like it.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 PM

I really Really reallly want this on Bluray. It was my first ever DVD and it is my favorite Shark film since Jaws! <3
Old 01-13-2010, 07:06 AM

It was fantastic, but will never match Jaws lol. Now I want to see Megaladon, thanks dude.