Tv Shows on Blu? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-26-2015, 12:30 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default Tv Shows on Blu?

Hey folks, this Forum does not get much use, I suspect this post will not be seen by more than 10 percent of our readers but hey, here goes.

After just importing Airwolf from the UK for about $60 this idea has come to me.
I have heard rumors about I Dream of Jeanie and Bewitched coming, and have confirmed that Lost in Space is also being produced.

Give me your list of which tv shows you would love to see presented on Blu Ray. Explain some of your answers too if you like, or don't, just list them. You could probably remind me of a few.

My partial list is:

Star Trek DS9 - Looking back, TNG was a great show but I enjoyed DS9 much better.
NCIS Seasons 1-11, because starting with Season 12 is just lame Paramount/CBS! This show deserves more.

NYPD Blue - this show was awesome. Fox never completed the dvd sets in the USA, only the UK. Amazon has it in hi-def on Instant Video. How did they get away with nudity and saying "Asshole" and "Bullshit" on tv?

Knight Rider - The Hoff as I best remember.

Miami Vice - Great entertainment. Watching this show today, I almost forgot how awesome (and violent) this show was

The A-Team - Ditto on the awesome part, the only show I know of that fires 1000 rounds and nobody gets hit. Still loads of fun.

CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI:NY -- Love them all. If we're going to do CSI, please start with Season 1, the very latest ones have lost their charm

Law & Order, Criminal Intent, Special Victims Unit. Criminal Intent was my absolute favorite but I am glued to the tv when these shows are on.

Dukes of Hazzard - Even before the rebel flag controversy, I own all the seasons on dvd. It was a good fun show. I know that later seasons will suffer a bit though as they switched to using miniatures on some of their stunts, lol.

Dead Zone - Had never heard of this show, watched a few episodes and loved it. Pretty much watched them all. Bought the whole set too.

Walker, Texas Ranger - Because, Chuck Norris. Any Question?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Personally for me it would be just Knight Rider, A-Team, and Miami Vice. Honestly, unless it's a modern special effects driven show I don't see the benefits of blu ray over regular dvd. I would have to see comparison shots next to each other that shows any picture upgrades to justify the $$ that blu ray would bring.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Blu-Ray? Good luck. Lionsgate just screwed its loyal customers, like myself, who have been pre-ordering Little House on the Prairie seasons as they are announced. The first six seasons have already been released on both Blu-Ray and DVD, and are also available on HD streaming.

Well, despite the fact that I placed my pre-order for Season 7, Lionsgate has now announced that seasons 7-9 will only be on DVD and streaming. Bastards!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Well, despite the fact that I placed my pre-order for Season 7, Lionsgate has now announced that seasons 7-9 will only be on DVD and streaming. Bastards!
Did they reply to your complaints yet?
I posted one as well.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Did they reply to your complaints yet?
I posted one as well.
Nothing yet.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Nothing yet.
I also asked Bill Hunt to get on them, maybe that will carry a little weight as well. He feels as I do when it comes to studios offering dvd only on releases.