Plissken99 is online now Member

Default The Hitcher (Rugter Hauer)

Seriously wtf?! Been waiting forever for this one to get released, never a whisper of it. To this day it remains a truly creepy movie for me, I'd love to see it in HD. Keeps coming on HBO HD channels but in SD, drives me nuts every time it comes up on the guide... I still record it every time just in case they upgraded it lol.

The inferior remake was ill timed, it came out at the height of the format war, studios wouldn't focus on catalog titles much at the time, should have gotten a release when that did.
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

The Limey is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
    Seriously wtf?! Been waiting forever for this one to get released, never a whisper of it. To this day it remains a truly creepy movie for me, I'd love to see it in HD. Keeps coming on HBO HD channels but in SD, drives me nuts every time it comes up on the guide... I still record it every time just in case they upgraded it lol.

The inferior remake was ill timed, it came out at the height of the format war, studios wouldn't focus on catalog titles much at the time, should have gotten a release when that did.
    Arrow are rumoured to be releasing this next year.....
    TV - LG 65G6v OLED
    Panasonic UB900 UHD, Pioneer BDP-LX88 (Region B), and Oppo BDP-95 (multi-region)
    Onkyo DV-HD805, Toshiba XE1
    Receiver - Pioneer SC-LX90/SC-09TX Susano
    Sub - B&W ASW750
    Surround - 3 x B&W DM-601 S3
    Centre - JBL EC35
    Floorstanding - 2 x JBL ES100

That would be most excellent!
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

Four years later.. the hell Arrow?

The Limey is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
    Four years later.. the hell Arrow?
    Arrow have announced a release of one of their books on The Hitcher, still waiting on a though.....
    TV - LG 65G6v OLED
    Panasonic UB900 UHD, Pioneer BDP-LX88 (Region B), and Oppo BDP-95 (multi-region)
    Onkyo DV-HD805, Toshiba XE1
    Receiver - Pioneer SC-LX90/SC-09TX Susano
    Sub - B&W ASW750
    Surround - 3 x B&W DM-601 S3
    Centre - JBL EC35
    Floorstanding - 2 x JBL ES100