"High Fidelity" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 PM

Default "High Fidelity"

Oh, what a glorious day it will be when this vastly under-appreciated modern classic gets its proper Blu-ray dues.

(Seriously, am I the only one who absolutely loves this movie? I know it's supposedly a "cult" film; where are the members?)
Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 PM

This movie kicks ass. I could watch it once every couple of months. If you've never read the book, you should. It's also fantastic.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM

You're absolutely not the only one! I can't wait for it to get released.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM

I could also see it having an up-to-date, absolutely perfect, reference quality sound transfer.

The movie is a modern classic, at least in my opinion.

[Side-note: John Cusack doesn't get the respect he deserves, damnit. Sure, 2012 was rough to watch (but NOT on the Blu-ray copy I bought out of desperation to show off Blu-ray's advantages to my friends) but I'd rather see an actor like Cusack in a lamely-written leading role than... oh, I dunno, the regulars for action flicks these days.]

Also, when it comes to the sound mix, it's RIGHT THERE IN THE TITLE. I mean, a movie called High Fidelity better have something to show for it. If and when the Blu-ray IS released, it better EARN the right to stay claim to its title.

P.S.: Attebery -- I have in fact read the book by Hornby, but it was some years ago. Reading it at age 24 is probably going to be different than when I read it at 17 or 18 right after I saw the film.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 PM

Just got a press release, High Fidelity is FINALLY hitting Blu-ray in the fall!