John le Carré on BD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM

Default John le Carré on BD

With the remake of Tinker Tailor Solider Spy due out in the cinema this September I'm really hoping some other John le Carré adaptations make their way to BD as a tie-in.
Trailer here for anyone who's missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aco15ScXCwA

I am a massive le Carré and already have all the adaptations on DVD but would happily double-dip on any or them.

If I'm right in thinking right now the only release out there is an awful disc of The Tailor Of Panama, and that The Constant Gardener is planned sometime this year.

This leaves the films:
The Spy Who Came In From The Cold
The Deadly Affair
The Looking Glass War
The Russia House
The Little Drummer Girl

And TV adaptations:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Smiley's People
A Perfect Spy
A Murder Of Quality

The BBC would be amiss to have not commissioned a remastering of TTSS to cash in on the interest of the remake to run on TV and release on BD and DVD (I just rewatched the series again, and while it is the greatest thing ever put on TV it looks pretty awful at points and begs for a remaster).

Criterion released a great DVD of The Spy Who Came ION From The Cold just before they started issuing BD and sadly this is still DVD only from them. I once emailed them about a possible BD release and heard nothing back, but hopefully they decide to put this out on BD.

Anyone else got any thoughts or insight on this one? Any other massive le Carré or British Cold War espionage nuts here?