Robocop CC - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Default Robocop CC

I know Criterion is kind of "better" than titles like Robocop now... but with the financial issues MGM is having I can dream
Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM

Meh. Not gonna happen, ever. Criterion doesn't have the rights anymore, and MGM isn't going to lease them to CC. Whoever buys up MGM will likely retain the property for themselves as it has marketability and a fanbase (= $$$).

Would it be nice to have the CC exclusive commentary? Sure.... but nothing else on the original disc is all that necessary or special. I'd rather see FOX/MGM reissue the film in a proper package with all the bonus material from the 20th Anniversary Edition 2-Disc DVD.

And it would be nice if they could use a different, non-screwed up master than the one currently availabe on BD. I know a "better" HD master exists as it was in circulation on MGM HD, Universal HD and HDNet Movies before the current blu-ray hit street.