Most wanted Blu-ray Wish List - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Most wanted Blu-ray Wish List

The closest thread I could find that was similar to this was the Disney Wish list thread but if there already is one my apologies in advance. Your list can also include Blu's that have already seen print but aren't digging the current Blu-ray. A new Gladiator Blu-ray is no doubt on some peoples list. Try keeping your list reasonably short or bulk films together like I did.

Here is my list in no particular order:

1- Seven Samurai (with all the extras that were in the last Criterion collection dvd)

2- Apocalypse Now 1979 & 2001(with all the extras in the last dvd and the Heart of Darkness doc that was excluded)

3- Samurai Rebellion (with all the extras from last Criterion dvd)

4- Citizen Kane (with all the extras from last SE dvd)

5- Raiders of the Lost Ark

6- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition (with all the extras from the dvds)

7- Original Star Wars Trilogy (fully restored without the crappy SE digital crap added. I still have my old vhs copies for this very reason)

8- Disney's Alice in Wonderland 1951 cartoon

9- Disney's Alladin 1992 cartoon

10- Pixar's The Incredibles

11- All other Bruce Lee movies that aren't Enter the Dragon (with original Chinese audio AND classic Kung Fu theater "bad" English dubbing)

12- Drunken Master 1978 (with original Chinese audio AND classic Kung Fu theater "bad/funny" English dubbing)

13- Some blacksplotation films like Shaft, Truck Turner and Dolemite (at reasonable Blu-ray quality)

14- Godfather 1 & 2 in a new better restoration! That's right I'm still beating that dead horse. The ones out now can still be improved in my opinion.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Former Member

there's an entire section for wishlists, yo. subforum IN this forum. look up high.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 PM

Godfather 1 & 2? They look GREAT.

All I want tonight is a Nora Jones concert on BD where she flashes the audience her jubblies, she's amazing. She makes the word illumination, a little brighter.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 PM

[QUOTE][QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Walter E. Kurtz View Post
7- Original Star Wars Trilogy (fully restored without the crappy SE digital crap added. I still have my old vhs copies for this very reason)
what about the released dvds with the laserdisc transfers?
surely those are superior to a vhs copy.
or am I missing something?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Me, I want all the good titles made from March 9, 2010 to March 31st, 2030, inclusively (hell, make it April 1st).
That should cover some serious ground.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:00 AM

In no particular order:
-Far and Away (this would look extra sweet on )
-Sorcerer (been waiting for a widescreen ed. on DVD, on it will blow my mind)
-The Bounty (Mel Gibson)
-Deer Hunter
-Once Upon a Time in America
-Cinema Paradiso extended cut
-Stardust
-Malena uncut
-Horseman on the Roof uncut
-Black Hawk Down extended and with all extras from the 3 disc DVD
I would buy all these on day 1!