Favorite Playstation 3 Eye game? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM

Default Favorite Playstation 3 Eye game?

I just bought the Eye. Any game recommendations?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:14 AM

There's more than one?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:32 PM

Aquatopia is the only one I bought, not worth it for a fake aquarium. I've heard the Trials of Topoq is decent. Other than that you just have Operation Creature feature and some interactive art stuff like Aquatopia. I just use my PSEye for video chat and the occasional video capturing.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:38 PM

Can't help a whole lot either. I bought aquatopia, but wouldnt really recommend it. Zen Pinball is a pretty decent game, and although its not based around the eyetoy - you can use the eyetoy in the online multiplayer mode, which allows the opponent to see your cam and vice versa, if they have one.

Singstar is another game that is not based around the cam, but has cam functionality built in to it. With the cam on, it will take automated pics (possibly video, i didnt play with cam function much) while you sing, which can be uploaded to the Singstar Store for others to view.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Can't help a whole lot either. I bought aquatopia, but wouldnt really recommend it. Zen Pinball is a pretty decent game, and although its not based around the eyetoy - you can use the eyetoy in the online multiplayer mode, which allows the opponent to see your cam and vice versa, if they have one.

Singstar is another game that is not based around the cam, but has cam functionality built in to it. With the cam on, it will take automated pics (possibly video, i didnt play with cam function much) while you sing, which can be uploaded to the Singstar Store for others to view.
Oh yeah, Burnout Paradise used the cam as well online for taking a picture of you or someone else and sending it right as you takedown someone. Was funny with my friends to send them some random picture of you celebrating as they waited to get going again.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM

burnout paradise, zen pinball, little big planet, singstar, aquatopia are all games I use the ps3 eye camera for. There are a few other games on the psn store that are $1.99-$4.99 but not sure if they're worth it.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 PM

Default Eye of Judgement

Eye of Judgement:
(includes PS3 Eye camera and camera stand)
See Amazon. I can't post links, yet.
You can purchase cards separately.

They also have pre-order for EyePet (with or without camera).
Old 02-28-2010, 08:27 AM

I have a few of the Eye games. Creature Feature, Aquatopia, etc. They can be fun but a general problem with them is that the controls are not at all precise, in other words, it may track hands, shoulders, head, or any part of your body that it detects as moving, depending where you stand in the field of view. It can give you a "full body workout" and get tired or frustrated pretty quickly. It can also be a lot of laughs. My 5 year old kid likes to play with it.

I don't know if the same problems were there with PS2 Eyetoy, but obviously that is the reason they are making the new wand motion controller, to give very precise motion/position tracking, and a couple of buttons to push for detailed control.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:49 AM

Trials of Topaq is the only true Eye game. Just remember when you use the Eye your room needs a lot of light.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM

I really got into The Eye of Judgment, but I just couldn't find any booster packs anywhere, so now it just gathers dust on my shelf.