Strange PS3 problem, please help. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-17-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Strange PS3 problem, please help.

Hello all, I got my PS3 connected through HDMI to a Sony A55 SXRD running at 1080p. I have encountered though a most strange problem : Anytime my TV is tuned on any other channel or turned off, PS3's wireless connection runs smoothly (can tell by the little green light and my downloads progress), as soon as i select the PS3 channel (AV5 or 6, tried both HDMI slots) the wifi goes inactive and im thrown out of the net! (signed out,stops downloads etc.) Can someone please give me a helping hand? I hope its something i can get out of without returning my PS3.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:09 PM

lol. thats odd as fuck. I got the 60" sxrd. I run off wireless and i used to be running it on Input 7 (HDMI) and now im running it through my receiver to the PS3 via HDMI and I get no such thing. That dosent even make any sense.

I would say, try with Component or RCA cords and see if the same thing happens. If not, you can say your cord is causing some form of interference or that your HDMI port on your PS3 is wack somehow
Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 AM

OK, tried with RCA and no problem. Guess its either HDMI port or cable. The question is, is the port active regardless of where the TV is tuned at? If so, then its the cable. Otherwise, it could be the port. Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
OK, tried with RCA and no problem. Guess its either HDMI port or cable. The question is, is the port active regardless of where the TV is tuned at? If so, then its the cable. Otherwise, it could be the port. Any ideas?
Intersting problem... I just started a thread with 2 of my own issues. One of them related to getting kicked out of the network. Although I havn't noticed anything related to what connection I'm using to my TV. Wish I could help you though...
Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
uumm. Im assuming its not activated till you plug something into it but I really am taking a shot in the dark. Cheapest way to find out is go get yourself another cord. if it fixes it, sweet and you got the right cord, if the same thing happens with that HDMI cord, then you know its the port or something. I would also try it with component for kicks too and see what happens
Old 06-18-2007, 06:43 AM

OK, i changed the HDMI cable with a more expensive new one, and all is ok
Thanks all!
By the way, when i watch a movie my download in the background freezes. Is it suppose to happen?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 AM

yes, background downloading is suspended when you're watching movies.

(yes! a question i can help with!)
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
OK, i changed the HDMI cable with a more expensive new one, and all is ok
Thanks all!
By the way, when i watch a movie my download in the background freezes. Is it suppose to happen?
glad it wasnt your PS3