Any PS3 game suggestions??? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 PM
redsoxlucas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,699
Default Any PS3 game suggestions???

So, admittedly I am behind in PS3 gaming. I have tons of games for my 360 and love it. However, I want to take advantage of my PS3....

I have Guitar Hero, The Bigs, NBA Live 09, and Motorstorm.

I know that I need to get the two Uncharted games (have played the first and loved it)....

Other than those titles, what else do you guys suggest? I am not into "monster" games, nor am I into first person shooter games.

I like sports, RPG, action/adventure, 3rd person games....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2009, 05:13 PM
JAC35's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,169
Default

I would like to ask the question as well.

I like the puzzle type games LBP looks interesting. I hope it is not too kiddie. Is there any others Ratchet and Clank ?? What about a good car racing game. Motorstorm ? I dont want anything hard core like NASCAR or something like that. I do like 3d shooters like Halo and Half Life 2.

thx
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2009, 10:15 AM
HuskerGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,963
Default

You want any downloadable game suggestions or just retail releases?

For retail releases, I'd suggest the following exclusives.

Uncharted 2 - you already said it, but it's worth repeating.

Demon Souls - Action RPG (great reviews, but very difficult in an old school sort of way)

Infamous - 3rd person action game. Great superhero type game that lets you play evil or good. One of my favorites for the year.

Little Big Planet - fun platformer that you can even get your wife into

Ratchet and Clank - 2 PS3 releases, I've heard great things about both

Valkyria Chronicles - tactical rpg style game, has great reviews
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Godstar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
You want any downloadable game suggestions or just retail releases?

For retail releases, I'd suggest the following exclusives.

Uncharted 2 - you already said it, but it's worth repeating.

Demon Souls - Action RPG (great reviews, but very difficult in an old school sort of way)

Infamous - 3rd person action game. Great superhero type game that lets you play evil or good. One of my favorites for the year.

Little Big Planet - fun platformer that you can even get your wife into

Ratchet and Clank - 2 PS3 releases, I've heard great things about both

Valkyria Chronicles - tactical rpg style game, has great reviews

Good answer, good answer!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:12 PM
HD Goofnut's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,906
Default

Call of Duty: World at War. It's easily my favorite game on the PS3.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
OneManShow's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxlucas View Post
So, admittedly I am behind in PS3 gaming. I have tons of games for my 360 and love it. However, I want to take advantage of my PS3....

I have Guitar Hero, The Bigs, NBA Live 09, and Motorstorm.

I know that I need to get the two Uncharted games (have played the first and loved it)....

Other than those titles, what else do you guys suggest? I am not into "monster" games, nor am I into first person shooter games.

I like sports, RPG, action/adventure, 3rd person games....
Warhawk is a fun shooter in 3rd person. You can also drive jeeps, tanks, planes, and there's gun & missle turrets. Even though the game has been out for a while, the community is active. There's a downloadable version, but I recommend the disc version. I've encountered this situation a couple times... my downloaded version wouldn't work because the PSN store was down so it couldn't verify the license, yet my disc version worked since the PSN online was still working. I have two versions of the game because there's two PS3's in my house and I play local system link games sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Dr_Teeth's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,809
Default

the above mentioned games are all great. also if you havent played it on the 360 Fallout 3 GotY is a must own.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 PM
redsoxlucas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,699
Default

Cool! Thanks guys for the suggestions!

Is Batman:Arkham Asylum any good? Or Metal Gear Solid?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 AM
HuskerGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxlucas View Post
Cool! Thanks guys for the suggestions!

Is Batman:Arkham Asylum any good? Or Metal Gear Solid?
I thought Batman was fantastic I would've recommended it but I was sticking with exclusives.

Have you played any other Metal Gear games? MGS4 is great, but I think you would appreciate it more if you had a bit of the back story.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a PS3 Like BLU-RAY Player...any suggestions? Breaktj Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 10 12-09-2010 03:17 PM
Got a Ps3! woo hoo! Good cheap older game suggestions? Slayerfaith1982 Game Room 81 11-16-2009 04:13 PM
Does any PS3 game support in game soundtracks? Averry Gaming Smackdown 42 03-26-2008 02:26 PM
Any info on decent price of hd imports on any website. any sales bunz_wsu HD DVD Bargains 1 09-08-2007 02:40 PM
Any suggestions? allstar40 HD DVD Software General Discussion 11 07-30-2007 09:35 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off