Streaming HD via Netflix on PS3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Default Streaming HD via Netflix on PS3

I got my Netflix PS3 disc the other day and it seems to be very cool and work very well. However, i have run into a weird issue. Stremaing HD content has no audio for some shows. CSI Season 7 HD played good video but had no audio in HDMI or in Optical out. However, Heros Season 1 in HD plays fine and has audio as well via HDMI. I had the same issue with Harpers Island in HD, for some reason no audio. Does anyone have a idea as to why some shows have no audio and some do? I should also point out all non HD shows work 100% of the time.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 PM

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you may be having bandwidth issues, especially if SD is working fine. I finally have an opportunity to go check mine out as well.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:52 AM

I think I have the same issue; Have you had any success getting it to work?

While I haven't tried much or noticed problems with yet other HD content, I have experienced the missing audio problem with Harper's Island on my PS3.

For some reason, the first episode has audio but the rest of the series does not. The audio is fine for all episodes if I stream to my PC. Something is up with the PS3 -- I have tried everything and nothing has worked.

I called Netflix about this (since reporting the problem online yielded no results), and they said "thanks for letting us know, we will pass the problem along" and to "try it again in a few days to see if they fixed it". I wasn't impressed by that service and will cancel if it doesn't get attention soon.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 AM

PS - CSI Season 7 doesn't seem to be available on Netflix Streaming. If you give me another show to test I will try on my side to see if we have the same issue.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:46 PM

I've watched both sd and hd with no issues at all.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the input. Would you mind sharing what connection you are using for audio from your PS3 to receiver/tv?

Have you tried Harper's Island Eps 2-13? All audio for SD content works for me and almost all HD looks ok, but Harper's definitely doesn't.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM

I have DSL and the weird thing is the same title plays fine via xbox netflix. I did notice that other titles all seemd to play fine, but every now and then there will be one that will just not work right. But then i can play it fine on thr xbox, however i think PS3 offers a better watching experence as it buffers only 1x and plays fine where the xbox seems to buffer nermouse times and stops to do so.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantiz View Post
I've watched both sd and hd with no issues at all.
Exactly. I have time warner cable and it doesn't buffer at all. Just plays awesome in both HD andSD. All the time.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Been having issues lately with getting the Netflix disc and features to load. For one, the disc doesn't easily feed into the PS3 like all other discs. Second, after it does feed in, sometimes the PS3 will say it cannot be played. Other times it works. Sometimes, too, it will begin to load the Netflix interface, then never get anywhere. Lots of issues at random here, so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyone else have this problem?