PS3 music player - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 PM

Default PS3 music player

up until the new patch, while i was playing music stored on my ps3, i could push the ps3 home button and it would take me back to the xmb w/o interrupting my song and i could "queue" up another. but now when i do, it asks to stop playback. is there a way around this cause i find it to be something great that was unnecessarily removed.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM

Just tried it with mine. Works fine for me.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammagyar View Post
up until the new patch, while i was playing music stored on my ps3, i could push the ps3 home button and it would take me back to the xmb w/o interrupting my song and i could "queue" up another. but now when i do, it asks to stop playback. is there a way around this cause i find it to be something great that was unnecessarily removed.
I have found the same thing you have. I'm not happy with how the new firmware has changed this, either. Actually, I don't like much about the new interface and wish there were options to change it back to the old style.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:29 AM

http://www.us.playstation.com/Suppor...html#upsampled

Quote:
If [Output Frequency] is set to [44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz], you cannot use other features such as Settings (Photo) or Settings (Internet Browser) while the music is playing. You must set to [48 kHz] to use these features while listening to music.
I know its a pain in the ass, but you basically need to decide whether going into the xmb is more important than upscaling your audio. If you go into your audio settings and select the 48 kHz only option, you will get back the ability to go into the xmb. It's not very bright, I know. For me, It doesn't bother me. I'd rather have the audio upscaled over being able to go into the xmb functions, but others may be different.

Anyways - thats your fix.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:29 PM

While we're on the subject, I have two questions ...

1. When I play music on the PS3, the next song fades in before the last song is completely over. Can I change any music settings to fix that?

2. I don't think I made any changes in there since getting the PS3. Are there any "optimal" settings for the music player ... or are the "factory settings" the best?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8UP&DOWN View Post
While we're on the subject, I have two questions ...

1. When I play music on the PS3, the next song fades in before the last song is completely over. Can I change any music settings to fix that?
There is a setting you can change to turn off the crossfade.

Quote:
2. I don't think I made any changes in there since getting the PS3. Are there any "optimal" settings for the music player ... or are the "factory settings" the best?
It's up to you to decide what sounds best for you. I leave it at factory defaults and it sounds fine to me.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:28 AM

Thanks Analog. I never knew that.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
There is a setting you can change to turn off the crossfade.

It's up to you to decide what sounds best for you. I leave it at factory defaults and it sounds fine to me.
Ok. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
http://www.us.playstation.com/Suppor...html#upsampled

I know its a pain in the ass, but you basically need to decide whether going into the xmb is more important than upscaling your audio. If you go into your audio settings and select the 48 kHz only option, you will get back the ability to go into the xmb. It's not very bright, I know. For me, It doesn't bother me. I'd rather have the audio upscaled over being able to go into the xmb functions, but others may be different.

Anyways - thats your fix.
thank you thank you thank you. im not too enticed by the upscaled audio as its used pretty much while i have some friends over drinking. the blu ray concerts get thrown it for quality audio