Question about COD: World Of War... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Default Question about COD: World Of War...

Is there a way to mute other peoples chatter when playing online?? I know, I know....turn off the volume on your tv. I love playing deathmatch online with this game but last night (and the last couple of nights) the chatter I have been hearing while trying to play this game has gotten to be pretty bad. There was this kid who kept making racists comments to this other guy while we were all playing deathmatch. It was so bad that I dropped out. Last night, this guy was insulting to me because I killed him. I mean..THIS GUY WAS PISSED!! It was like I ruined something very major to him in his life. Another night these two guys were going at it verbally during the ENTIRE match. Now I know why clans are a good idea,lol.

Thanks for all responses!!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Press select, find the user who's talking and press X to toggle the mute. At least, it works that way on COD4 and I'm sure they implemented it on World At War. I'm just not 100% certain is the problem since I don't play World At War anymore

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 08-02-2009, 04:39 PM

On PSN, there's no way to entirely mute the user. What Onslaught suggested will work, but you'll have to mute them again after you finish each match.

Alternately, if you pick up a headset, all of the chatter will come through the headset and you can turn down its volume if you don't want to hear it. If you're just trying to spare others in the household, you'll be the only one hearing the cursing.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Press select, find the user who's talking and press X to toggle the mute. At least, it works that way on COD4 and I'm sure they implemented it on World At War. I'm just not 100% certain is the problem since I don't play World At War anymore
Hmmm..I thought I pushed select. Maybe I did not. I will try this next time I play. Thanks Onslaught.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
On PSN, there's no way to entirely mute the user. What Onslaught suggested will work, but you'll have to mute them again after you finish each match.

Alternately, if you pick up a headset, all of the chatter will come through the headset and you can turn down its volume if you don't want to hear it. If you're just trying to spare others in the household, you'll be the only one hearing the cursing.
Thanks Quasi. Do I mute them during the match or during intermission?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Thanks Quasi. Do I mute them during the match or during intermission?
You can't mute them during intermission, just the match on PSN.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
You can't mute them during intermission, just the match on PSN.
Yeah. You have to when each match starts. And, unfortunately, you can't mute them at all in the pre-game lobby.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
Yeah. You have to when each match starts. And, unfortunately, you can't mute them at all in the pre-game lobby.
And that's when they're at their most annoying.

Hopefully Modern Warfare 2 fixes that.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 AM

Thanks buds. Preciate it.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
And that's when they're at their most annoying.

Hopefully Modern Warfare 2 fixes that.
yeah. I was playing cod4 a few months when some english kid(sounded like 12-15 maybe) thought they were on American Idol. Couldn't tell if it was a he or she, but the kid was singing the whole time while in the lobby & throughtout the game.

Very f'n annoying. Needless to say I backed out at the end of the game.