Need help. Cleaning PS3 in Bathtub, try to get dirt and dust off. - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Banned

Lightbulb Need help. Cleaning PS3 in Bathtub, try to get dirt and dust off.

hey im new to the Playstation dust cleaning scene. Wanted to know if you guys had any advice. I just got done rinsing off my PS3. Don't worry it wasn't plugged in, im not stupid! And i got most of the dust off I think. I used just regular bar soap in a hot lather, and squirted off the case and let it soak in for awhile then I held it up and let the water drip out for half an hour. I have a fan blowing on it overnight.

My question is how long should the fan blow on it before its ready to be plugged in again? My friend in a different forum told me about this procedure, and that it makes your Playstation look like a million bucks and it gets all the dirt/dust out. I can't wait to play it again.

Who else has tried this? Thanks again in advance gentlemen!

(THIS POST IS FACETIOUS! You are welcome to discuss accordingly!)

Last edited by TheLastGenius; 07-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:35 AM

I can't tell if you are making a joke with some backstory that I am not aware of.

However if for some reason you are seroius I don't think that this is a good idea. Many components in a piece of electronics like this have capacitance. This means that it can short out inside even if it isnt plugged in. Also if you are lucky and nothing shorts out inside it could be days before it would really be safe to plug it back in.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM

just close it maxx, it's a typical genius thread
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
just close it maxx, it's a typical genius thread
To steal a Michaelo reference, by typical you mean a full on kick in the balls to funny.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 AM

It works better if you actually get into the tub with it, while it's plugged in.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastGenius View Post
hey im new to the Playstation dust cleaning scene. Wanted to know if you guys had any advice. I just got done rinsing off my PS3. Don't worry it wasn't plugged in, im not stupid! And i got most of the dust off I think. I used just regular bar soap in a hot lather, and squirted off the case and let it soak in for awhile then I held it up and let the water drip out for half an hour. I have a fan blowing on it overnight.

My question is how long should the fan blow on it before its ready to be plugged in again? My friend in a different forum told me about this procedure, and that it makes your Playstation look like a million bucks and it gets all the dirt/dust out. I can't wait to play it again.

Who else has tried this? Thanks again in advance gentlemen!
Uh, ok...if this was an attempt at comedy I think you wasted your time, becasue it isn't very funny )
Old 07-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvandenb View Post
Uh, ok...if this was an attempt at comedy I think you wasted your time, becasue it isn't very funny )
Then why are you making the laugh emoticon? Finding it funny how lame it is? )

And yes next time I will take a bath with it, a romantic bath! =p~
Old 07-28-2009, 02:18 PM

Wasn't this thing locked? It's against forum rules considering it's a "joke thread", right? And I use the work joke very loosely.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 PM

now that's some funny shit. i laughed
Old 07-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm View Post
now that's some funny shit. i laughed
*bows*
Closed Thread