PS3 Time and Date Defaulting - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 AM

Default PS3 Time and Date Defaulting

The only thing that's been kind of ticking me off is that as of late my time and date defaults to 1/1/2008 instead of the actual date. Not life threatening, but still very annoying.

Any ideas of why this happens?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 AM

When does this happen? You mean when you unplug the console?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx123 View Post
When does this happen? You mean when you unplug the console?
No, I shut down the console after watching whatever, the power light turns green to red like it should. Then after a day or two I turn it on again and I'm presented with the default time and date again, even if I keep it the default it still does it. Annoying.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:12 PM

what is your default settings at? keep it on auto instead of manual
Old 12-02-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermodified View Post
what is your default settings at? keep it on auto instead of manual
The only options in my date and time settings is time format, date format, time zone, and daylight saving. Unless there's another section that controls the time and date.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver2005 View Post
The only options in my date and time settings is time format, date format, time zone, and daylight saving. Unless there's another section that controls the time and date.
Supermodified is referring to the setting that allows you to manually (Manual) set the Date/Time or to automatically (Auto) get it from the internet. It's in the options somewhere (in a different location than the options you're referring to). I've recently switched to Auto and I'm eager to see if DST changes automatically under that setting (in the spring).
Old 12-20-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraMajor View Post
Supermodified is referring to the setting that allows you to manually (Manual) set the Date/Time or to automatically (Auto) get it from the internet. It's in the options somewhere (in a different location than the options you're referring to). I've recently switched to Auto and I'm eager to see if DST changes automatically under that setting (in the spring).
I have no choice for now but to have it set on manual, since I don't have the right devices to set my PS3 up to the net. I have two DSL modems but they can not be turned on at the same time, I need to get me a router that way my PC, 360 and PS3 can be online at the same time. Hopefully. Just don't know which one to get.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 AM

Hmm thats odd, does the PS3 lose its date and time when unplugged from the outlet completely? I've never tried, I don't know if it is similar to a computer motherboard which has a separate (small) battery. I would suggest plugging a digital clock to the same outlet and see if that resets occassionally, that might narrow the problem down to a faulty outlet or wiring.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedred View Post
Hmm thats odd, does the PS3 lose its date and time when unplugged from the outlet completely? I've never tried, I don't know if it is similar to a computer motherboard which has a separate (small) battery. I would suggest plugging a digital clock to the same outlet and see if that resets occassionally, that might narrow the problem down to a faulty outlet or wiring.
I never unplug the system, maybe it is the outlet. God, hope not, what a hassle that would be. I just think it's odd that happens, the situation hasn't hindered me from watching my movies though, but it's just an annoyance, it's at the point where I don't even try to reset it anymore. I turn on the PS3, default time-date pops up and I just it enter. Yet if I can ever get it resolved, even better.

Time will tell. Get it, time.