Can't Play some files!? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Default Can't Play some files!?

Ok, i am trying to play the video file from this site:
warhammeronline.com

you go under videos, and find the 720p one

The one titled 720P.

Now, the way i tried it was, download it to my computer, save it to a My Video Folder, then turn on the PS3 and network share it from PC==> PS3.

Now the video plays just fine, but i get no audio!? Sometimes on the PS3 menu, it comes up as a "can't play file" Now, i thought the PS3 could play WMV files? Heck all my Warcraft Cinematics play just fine and they are also WMV files? what gives? can someone help me!? Guide me through a better downloading process? I tried converting it into a DIVX file, but it doesnt even come up on the PS3.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:47 PM

any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoi29 View Post
any suggestions?

use mediainfo to check the bframe or flag level for the video since some fools encode it at main at 5.1 and you need main at 4.1 flag level video

If not use:

Nero recode for an mp4 file at 720p

Or get an mkv file of the video with dolby digital 5.1 and use
mkvtovob

Or get the file in a ts folder or transport stream and use tsmuxer to re-containerize to MT2ts with 4.1 main flag level with dolby digital 5.1 audio.
tsmuxer

google doom9 forum and read a bit there and learn how to do so much more with your ps3 media capabilities