PS3 doesn't support ProStick Duo? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Post PS3 doesn't support ProStick Duo?

I have a that I use for watching 's. I recently started to transfer my pictures from an SD card from my camera. I was playing around with slide shows, backgrounds, and all kinds of stuff. I was pretty happy until the other day I tried to do the same thing with a ProStick Duo card from my Sony camera, and nothing happened. The did not seem to detect it. No light. Nothing. I finally got everything done by dusting off my multi-card reader and using the USB port, but still, why is the Sony PS3 not compatible with the Sony ProStick Duo? Am I doing something wrong? Does a regular ProStick work? If so, what's the difference between the ProStick and the ProStick Duo? I would appreciate any info. Thanks guys.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus81 View Post
I have a that I use for watching 's. I recently started to transfer my pictures from an SD card from my camera. I was playing around with slide shows, backgrounds, and all kinds of stuff. I was pretty happy until the other day I tried to do the same thing with a ProStick Duo card from my Sony camera, and nothing happened. The did not seem to detect it. No light. Nothing. I finally got everything done by dusting off my multi-card reader and using the USB port, but still, why is the Sony PS3 not compatible with the Sony ProStick Duo? Am I doing something wrong? Does a regular ProStick work? If so, what's the difference between the ProStick and the ProStick Duo? I would appreciate any info. Thanks guys.
i just used one in my ps3 today with no problems.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Formerly metsfan1545d

probably a defective stick or there is something wrong with the reader in the ps3
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM

Works fine for me too. The only issue I have is that it is difficult to insert the card in the slot. I have to give it a little bit more of a push than the other slots.

I would try it again.