Any one interested in CHEAP AS-IS PS3? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:03 PM

Default Any one interested in CHEAP AS-IS PS3?

Hi, I have a 20GB PS3 that will not read and sort of CD/ Blu-ray anymore. Everything else works fine, you can even go on the internet and download and play demos and everything. It just quit reading discs anymore. I do not have a warranty so I tried fixing it by taking it apart to clean the actual lens and it still will not read anything. I know its kinda useless keeping it but Sony charges about ~$150 to fix it and I'm kinda low on dough (I pretty much used it only for Blus and have since bought a stand alone player) and don't think I would use it for games as there isn't a lot out there right now. I'm afraid to put it on E Bay cause i think its still worth $100-$125 at least for parts or to be returned to be fixed but Im afraid of putting it on E Bay and get screwed (I bought it for $500 Id like to get a little of my money back). So I guess I wanted to ask if anybody would be interested here in buying it for $150 with shipping included. Im not 100% sure i want to get rid of it yet but if someone would like it I would probably part with it, thanks.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 PM

So I decided Im gunna sell this. As mentioned before it is AS-IS. The system does not play or read any discs but everything else works. Can be sent back to be fixed (~$150) or you can swap a new lens/BR drive in (~$50) or use it for parts. Controller has some minor wear and tear. I will sell for $150 shipped if anyone is interested. I will keep it on here for about a week then put it on E-Bay if no one wants it. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM

150$ is pretty steep....maybe you should try something like 50$.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM

By the way this isn't for sale anymore!! Also $150 was very reasonable, especially considering I fixed it with a new lens for $45 and it works fine now. So that would of been less than $200 shipped for it. Good thing I kept it.
Closed Thread