For sale: Playstation 3 20GB $400 + shipping - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-28-2008, 02:40 PM

Default For sale: Playstation 3 20GB $400 + shipping

This is a Playstation 3 I purchased new in February 2008. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just need the money and this is the easiest for me to part with. These were not in production very long but this was from old remaining stock. There are no cracks, scratches or scuffs. I have always handled it with white-glove treatment to prevent fingerprints. It has an extended replacement warranty good through January 2011. The warranty is transferrable to you, the buyer. This is the original Playstation 3 with full backwards compatibility for Playstation and Playstation 2 games, hence the $400 price. It comes with a controller and charging cable along with a/v cable and all original documentation. I also have the Sony brand Blu-Ray remote and an HDMI cable. There are some downloaded games installed on this PS3 unit. It's up to you if you want me to leave them on there or I can delete them. I have The Departed on Blu-Ray and if I still have it by the time you buy this, it's yours. You get the original box and packaging as well.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Wow....so shiny and so beautiful...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Just some friendly advice, $400 is a bit steep on a 20 gig used model. Yes it has backwards compatability, but its missing the memory card slots and has no wifi, it's also possible to find other models for significantly lower prices in a variety of options...

Bigger harddrives, with wifi and BC,
No BC but bigger HDD and wifi enabled and cheap enough to buy a ps2 along with it if you really want BC.

This is all my personal preferance, and I mean no offense whatsoever, so take this with a grain of salt.. but I think you'll have more luck selling for $300-$325. Realistically, a 20gb ps3 is enough to play a few games and watch some movies, but if anyone plans on using it for anything other then a Blu Ray player they will have to increase the size of the HDD, which will cost another $50+. Blame sony for that, the fact that so many games are mandating big installs (Metal Gear at 4.5gb) it means that the hdd will fill up very quickly. Now then, as a Blu Ray player, you can't go wrong. However a $400 blu ray player opens up alot of standalone options (or even other ps3 options)
Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 PM

Shouldn't go into the sales forum?