Life with Playstation - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM

Default Life with Playstation

My system downloaded this last night after asking me to update [email protected]

Looks pretty and if I ever need to know the current temperature in Madrid I guess it could be usefull Getting easy access to news stories around the world seems to work very nicely.

Cant find how to access [email protected] anymore though.

Did anybody else get this?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Not yet. Didn't even know there was a update out. Updating right now.

**ETA** Ok, the update had nothing to do with this Life with Playstation that you speak of. You say it downloaded after updating [email protected]? Interesting. Mine doesn't update.

**ETA Again*** It seems that it was mistakenly released and you were one of the lucky ones to get it before it got pulled.

BTW, the software update (2.43) is a Japanese only update and you don't have to update your software if you don't live in Japan. If you do update it, it won't do anything bad, it just won't do anything else for you either.

Last edited by Porky Pine; 09-17-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 PM

Yeah it was definetly the [email protected] program that caused it to update. I didnt download the new firmware (as you say, no point since I am in the US)

Interesting that it leaked out early. It seems to work fine. They should just release it now.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:10 PM

So what's the news on Life with Playstation today?

Stock Market slumps further? Economy's doom impending?

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post

Pretty much

Everything works fine though. You select a city on the world map and it tells you the weather, temp and major headlines. If you select a headline it opens a web page with that news story in it.

The 3D Earth looks very cool. Better than the [email protected] one.

Only problem so far is not knowing where to access Folding from. It runs in the background and tells you the completion level of your current packet....but thats it. I cant find anywhere to set up any options.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 AM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Pretty much

Everything works fine though. You select a city on the world map and it tells you the weather, temp and major headlines. If you select a headline it opens a web page with that news story in it.

The 3D Earth looks very cool. Better than the [email protected] one.

Only problem so far is not knowing where to access Folding from. It runs in the background and tells you the completion level of your current packet....but thats it. I cant find anywhere to set up any options.
You need to press the square button and keep it held down. The two "channels" fade in on your screen and you can flick back and forth between the two to select which one you want.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
You need to press the square button and keep it held down. The two "channels" fade in on your screen and you can flick back and forth between the two to select which one you want.
Cheers

Apparently this is live for everybody now. Just start up [email protected] and it will download the update.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post

Yeah, I don't play my PS3 to learn about news of the world, I play on it to escape from it. )
Old 09-18-2008, 12:18 PM

Is there someway to expand the browser window? I find the text very difficult to read.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pine View Post
Is there someway to expand the browser window? I find the text very difficult to read.
From what I've read - no.

Well, this is a free update, so it's hard to complain.

However, in it's current form, LWP isn't much. The only thing this update provides me is a useable interface to play my music while the PS3 performs folding. (The last update for accessing your music was complete [email protected]).

So, if I'm doing stuff around the house and listening to music, I might be more likely to let Folding run in the background. I guess that helps Folding. But this update does very little for me in its' current form. We'll see if their able to add more info/useful features (like my actual hometown weather - seeing what the weather is two states away isn't particularly helpful. )

I'll give it a few months before I call it a complete bust. In the end, it's good enough for free.