Uncharted trophies not working? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-06-2008, 10:55 AM

Default Uncharted trophies not working?

Is anybody else having an issue with trophies in Uncharted not working properly after the update.

First night that I played it everything was fine. I got 11 trophies and they all registered correctly. Second night I played it and the first medal I got in the game (50 kills with the AK-47) registers as a medal in game but I dont get the notification for a trophy. Same when I found the strange artifact and 25 treasures found medals.....no trophy awarded for those either

Is anybody else seeing the same thing?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:46 AM
formerly Blu Christmas

I played the first night, got a couple of trophies, played again last night and got a couple of more.

I thought maybe you're further along than I am and encountered something - a glitch later in the game, but I know people who've beat the game once, and people have already reported having the platinum trophy (for all trophies unlocked).

So, it seems to be just you so far.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 PM

I've had the same problem. Downloaded the update and got a few trophies, then the next day a got a couple more, only they did not register, even when they popped up while playing. I went into the awards menu and I see a trophy icon with a x under it in the bottom left corner. What happened? This seems like a glitch. Anybody else with this issue?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Is anybody else having an issue with trophies in Uncharted not working properly after the update.

First night that I played it everything was fine. I got 11 trophies and they all registered correctly. Second night I played it and the first medal I got in the game (50 kills with the AK-47) registers as a medal in game but I dont get the notification for a trophy. Same when I found the strange artifact and 25 treasures found medals.....no trophy awarded for those either

Is anybody else seeing the same thing?
Are you sure you were logged on to your account? I'm not sure, maybe it requires you to be connected to the internet in order to register. But yeah i'm on night 2 and i've had no issues.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiller View Post
I've had the same problem. Downloaded the update and got a few trophies, then the next day a got a couple more, only they did not register, even when they popped up while playing. I went into the awards menu and I see a trophy icon with a x under it in the bottom left corner. What happened? This seems like a glitch. Anybody else with this issue?
Yeah I get that same x under the trophy icon in the awards menu. Never noticed it before. Could somebody that is still getting trophies confirm if this x is present on theirs or not.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasl View Post
Are you sure you were logged on to your account? I'm not sure, maybe it requires you to be connected to the internet in order to register. But yeah i'm on night 2 and i've had no issues.
Yep definetly logged into my account and online. I even went to the PSN page to make sure it loaded.

Weird. I'm seeing some people reporting the same thing on other forums. Seems to be a bug but not very widespread so far. People are reporting that deleting your saved game and starting again fresh seems to cure it.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Yep definetly logged into my account and online. I even went to the PSN page to make sure it loaded.

Weird. I'm seeing some people reporting the same thing on other forums. Seems to be a bug but not very widespread so far. People are reporting that deleting your saved game and starting again fresh seems to cure it.
Did the exact same thing as you with the same result. It sucks to have to restart for the third time. I just want some reassurance or explanation so I don't have to do it again. This glitch stopped me from playing further till resolved. Pretty sad. Trophies seem to have some deep meaning to me. =p~
Old 08-06-2008, 04:44 PM

its strange, I started a new "easy" game to get some of the trophies that I didnt get when I completed the game on hard yesterday and at first it showed I got some trophies but didn't register and then after about 30 minutes I guess I turned on my ps3 again and it had it there
Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:

That's really odd. I wonder if it's just some kind of SKU incompatibility that they didn't take into account or just some whackiness with file organization that's interfering with the process.

All I know for sure is you DO NOT have to be logged into the internet in order to get trophies. The PS3 seems to store it on the hard drive, and you only really need to log onto the net in order to synchronize your online record with your current achievements. I played through Uncharted for most of yesterday without being connected to the 'net and when I did finally log in, all my trophies correctly updated themselves once I started comparing with other people on my friends list.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 PM

OK Quick follow up. It looks like the problem is associated with creating new game saves.

When you start the game it asks you to create a game save. So long as you only use this game save everything seems to work fine.

However, if you create a second game save (I tend to so I can easily jump back to different sections of the game) then when you load this new save in it stops you from any longer getting trophy's (you will also notice in the bottom left of your medals screen there will be a little trophy icon with a x below it indicating you no longer get trophys. (I'm guessing this is just an easy way to make sure nobody is loading in downloaded saved games to get easy access to tropys.)

It would have been nice if they had mentioned that somewhere during the update though.