Best console version of Oblivion is PS3! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Best console version of Oblivion is PS3!

The real enhancement is in the visuals and, to some extent, the loading times. The game seemed to have a slightly smoother and more consistent frame rate than it did on the Xbox, though the difference wasn't enormous, and it seemed to us that the textures looked just a tad sharper. More obvious (and confirmed by Bethesda) was an improvement to the game's texturing over large distances. Remember how the original Oblivion had a line set an arbitrary distance in front of the player beyond which ground textures turned into kind of a muddy mess? That's all taken care of now, thanks to a new custom pixel shader. The effect is only noticeable outdoors--though it's more accurate to say the effect is not noticeable if you've never played a previous version of the game--but it's a nice addition nonetheless.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/thee...clk=newlyadded

Watch the vid in the link, he says-
PS3 runs as good if not better then any version, 360 or PC
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Banned

I take it your late for a lot of things.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Banned

well hot damn. you'd think after almost a year after the game came out for the 360, they'd find a way to update some stuff on this game. imagine that.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta88 View Post
The real enhancement is in the visuals and, to some extent, the loading times. The game seemed to have a slightly smoother and more consistent frame rate than it did on the Xbox, though the difference wasn't enormous, and it seemed to us that the textures looked just a tad sharper. More obvious (and confirmed by Bethesda) was an improvement to the game's texturing over large distances. Remember how the original Oblivion had a line set an arbitrary distance in front of the player beyond which ground textures turned into kind of a muddy mess? That's all taken care of now, thanks to a new custom pixel shader. The effect is only noticeable outdoors--though it's more accurate to say the effect is not noticeable if you've never played a previous version of the game--but it's a nice addition nonetheless.

Why is this posted in the HD DVD and Video Game console section. Shouldn't this be in the PS3 area, or even better the smackdown area based on this comment:
Quote:
Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:

The game's a year old.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
well hot damn. you'd think after almost a year after the game came out for the 360, they'd find a way to update some stuff on this game. imagine that.
Seriously. Enjoy playing your slightly better game that everybody else has already used and abused.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:21 PM

Personally I'd rather just pickup the Shivering Isles expansion for the 360 since I really don't want to have to do everything again to get to where I am. The 360 version was good enough for me. I'd rather buy a totally new game for the PS3.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:23 AM

Wrong board my bad, thanks for who fixed it.

quote from someone at beyond3d-

I thought we all learned that porting to a new architecture is not exactly trivial. Getting the same quality shouldn't be taken for granted, and getting better than the original within this timeframe deserves praise. Granted, for low-caliber games, it can be arguable, but for a game the Xbox360 owners have been raving about as a technical feat for so long, and one that has won RPG of the year awards, its something admirable.

What he says is true.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:28 AM

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762882p1.html

Looks like the 360 and PC is going to be have the "shading" technology update as well in the future. I'm sure the processing will be faster but it looks like eventually you won't be able to telll much difference between the two games.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:54 AM

I could care less how much better this game is for the PS3 or the 360, it still will always be better on the PC. End of argument.

Obvlion was:
1.) Designed for the PC graphics wise.
2.) Has downloadable community and BS mods, which consoles can't use.
3.) Has a more intuitive control system on a PC with mouse and keyboard vs. using a controller. How do you hotkey all the spellcasts you want with a controller? Lame!

The game wasn't designed to be a console game in my opinion, and will always be better on the PC.