Conan the Barbarian Demo on PSN. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-13-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Conan the Barbarian Demo on PSN.

Tried it, thought it was too much like Heavenly Sword. The art is very reminiscent of the old comic book series, the game looked rough over all, so I didn't care for it much. Anyone else try it?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 PM

it feels very much like an old school game. I dont think it feels like heavenly sword personally because Heavenly Sword is beautiful in terms of graphics and music. Also, the combat system is heavenly sword is way deep. this is very simple combat
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM

I have it set to download but at sony's pathetic server rate it might take a week.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
I have it set to download but at sony's pathetic server rate it might take a week.
uummm...have you thought maybe your net connection sucks. I downloaded every single new content of the week as I always do. Thats 2 demos, 3 vids and 4 wallpapers and 2 trailers in a few hours max? maybe 4?

Also, keep in mind that background downloading takes much longer. Hence background. When you click download and hold the screen there, the download will be much faster
Old 10-13-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
uummm...have you thought maybe your net connection sucks. I downloaded every single new content of the week as I always do. Thats 2 demos, 3 vids and 4 wallpapers and 2 trailers in a few hours max? maybe 4?

Also, keep in mind that background downloading takes much longer. Hence background. When you click download and hold the screen there, the download will be much faster
ah you don't say. well it took heavenly sword which is 1 gig over 6 hours... but I will try not putting it to the background to see if this makes a difference. my net connection is good up to 500K so I know that's not the issue.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:01 AM

I don't have a problem with the downloads either. I'll que up all the new content and it only takes a couple hours at most. Sometimes it's slow on thursdays, but I attribute that to heavy traffic (thursdays are when they update with new content.)

As for the Conan demo, I was not impressed at all, nor did I think it felt like Heavenly Sword.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:37 AM

I could download conan in about an hour and a half, no problemo.

I won't be buying this game, it just didn't wow me. Then again, I'm not the biggest Conan fan.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Banned

Boring game.

Folklore>demos
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
it feels very much like an old school game. I dont think it feels like heavenly sword personally because Heavenly Sword is beautiful in terms of graphics and music. Also, the combat system is heavenly sword is way deep. this is very simple combat
When I compared it to HS, it definetly wasn't the graphics, but the gameplay controls I was talking about. They're virtually the same.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestaton View Post
ah you don't say. well it took heavenly sword which is 1 gig over 6 hours... but I will try not putting it to the background to see if this makes a difference. my net connection is good up to 500K so I know that's not the issue.
yea, let me know if that helps, im curious to know if its just different net providers or the background downloading thing but like Ckelly said, on Thursday, is the worst day to download because it just launched and everybody is cramming all the content and thats just stressing the servers