Everyday Shooter on download at PSN. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Everyday Shooter on download at PSN.

Got it, it's pretty difficult...but lots of unlockable options. The music they use for the game is great.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
HDD Contributor

I'm pretty happy with the purchase. For $10, I think it's a reasonable price considering what the game offers. Of course, I'm also in it for the "support the little guy" cause, because the game was actually created singlehandedly by Jonathan Mak, and I had the pleasure of interviewing him a couple of weeks ago. He's about as far from being a "company man" as you can get in game development.

I don't know whether this kind of game selection will actually be a winning strategy for Sony, but I'm glad they're taking the steps to provide gamers with something off the beaten path. I don't think games like Everyday Shooter or upcoming titles like echochrome will be massive hits with the "mainstream, traditional" crowd of gamers, but at least they're doing something to try and push the medium of games in different, interesting directions, and that's never a bad thing.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
I'm pretty happy with the purchase. For $10, I think it's a reasonable price considering what the game offers. Of course, I'm also in it for the "support the little guy" cause, because the game was actually created singlehandedly by Jonathan Mak, and I had the pleasure of interviewing him a couple of weeks ago. He's about as far from being a "company man" as you can get in game development.

I don't know whether this kind of game selection will actually be a winning strategy for Sony, but I'm glad they're taking the steps to provide gamers with something off the beaten path. I don't think games like Everyday Shooter or upcoming titles like echochrome will be massive hits with the "mainstream, traditional" crowd of gamers, but at least they're doing something to try and push the medium of games in different, interesting directions, and that's never a bad thing.
i dont want to get off topic but in short term, games like Flow and Everyday Shooter might not be huge hits but I think long term, if Sony can really shape up the PSN Store and have it PS3/PSP (maybe even Mac/PC) compatible, then they have something special on their hand. That way, with one store, they can offer both free products like they currently (and free always draws people in) and then also offer the many things that they do like games and movies and music, because who better to offer that then Sony right?)

This, can then shift into the other strategy that I think again, with the PS3 and Sony, can do wonders for them and thats user generated content thats so huge currently. The PS3 with the Playstation Eye and Playstation Home can create a big fan base and user base who (even Singstar and games like Little Big Planet) and allow people to upload content and share content via PSN Store and such. This is just a small view on it but I think we can all see the bigger picture and see how much the PS3 and Sony can offer if they really embrace something like that and at that point, the PS3 can truly lead the pack because its a Media Machine, a Game Machine, A movie Machine, a Internet user generated machine, etc.