Latest company to trash PS3 "Konami" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Latest company to trash PS3 "Konami"

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156333

It seems every day gaming companies are trashing PS3. Now a Japanese companies pulls games??? Isn't that against the loyalty rule in Japan?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:34 AM

Now Sony has something to put next to Beta Max on it's wall of massive failures (where Blu Ray will soon be as well). I would laugh my ass off if Sony recalled the thing
Old 01-18-2007, 11:05 AM

It's clear the PS3 lacks the power of the Xbox 360, that or it's so complicated to program for its full power can be as easily unleashed as the 360's can.

So far it seems like the only thing the PS3 is good for is being the best Blu-Ray player out there. I know that's all I use mine for, and only for the movies that are only available on Blu-Ray and not HD-DVD.

I can say that it has a nice look and is silent and fast though.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 AM

Despite all of these negative comments, I am still going to buy one. The Gamestop deal is what is really pushing me, but I think the PS3 has potential down the line. Remember, the 360 has been out 14 months, and the PS3 2 months. The free PSN will get better and more feature rich and as always games will get better. I think the devs are pulling current titles because of economics. They spend so much coin to develop a game, but if there are no consoles, what's the use? So they dual release on the 360 as well, but in time I think the PS3 will retain/regain its exclusives. No worries.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMacMan View Post
Despite all of these negative comments, I am still going to buy one. The Gamestop deal is what is really pushing me, but I think the PS3 has potential down the line. Remember, the 360 has been out 14 months, and the PS3 2 months. The free PSN will get better and more feature rich and as always games will get better. I think the devs are pulling current titles because of economics. They spend so much coin to develop a game, but if there are no consoles, what's the use? So they dual release on the 360 as well, but in time I think the PS3 will retain/regain its exclusives. No worries.
Agree with you. Just need some time. But man, only so many games of Soduku I can play on this thing.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Yet another developer has blasted the PS3 as well. Oblivion developers are having trouble porting the game to the PS3 because of the slow drive speeds of the console.

I posted the article in the Blu-ray Video Games forum.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
I posted the article in the Blu-ray Video Games forum.
Which is where this thread should be.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moepain4u View Post
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156333

It seems every day gaming companies are trashing PS3. Now a Japanese companies pulls games??? Isn't that against the loyalty rule in Japan?
Full article:

Quote:
Konami Trashes a Few Wii, PS3 Games
Usually these announcements are kept secret.
By Patrick Klepek, 01/10/2007
Whether due to the higher cost of game development, a desire to tighten their financial belt or simply a creative brain fart, Konami's apparently decided to can a few games they'd previously announced for PlayStation 3 and Wii, according to a report in Famitsu (via IGN).
So even the writer of the story is speculating that it's possible that they just trashed it for potentially other reasons, not because the system is "too hard", because nowhere did Konami actually "trash" the PS3. Maybe it's that Wii and PS3 are both way more effort and labor than they want to spend right now. File under FUD.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 PM

Yes Konami hates Sony so much they are making their best game exclusive to the PS3.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
Yes Konami hates Sony so much they are making their best game exclusive to the PS3.

Yeah, easy to misquote companies and the whole industry and say something like "CellFactor was cancelled, therefore Artificial Studios and Immersion games claim the 360 is a piece of crap giant beverage coaster!!! God better come down and help the 360, or it's gonna die!"