PSP Themes Creator - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Default PSP Themes Creator

http://kotaku.com/gaming/diy/sony-re...tor-305910.php

Quote:
Sony have released a PC program which lets you design and edit your own, user-created PSP themes. Icons, backgrounds, the works. It's free, it's in English, it's a small download and, best of all, it's in English. As you can see, all you need to do is substitute the existing icons with your own, and you're good to go. Only thing left unanswered now is just why you'd want to change the theme. Who doesn't love cookies?
wooo hooo. I like the way the setup is currently but i can make or find something cool, they why not a fresh look every once in a while
Old 10-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Just got my PSP yesterday (the Piano Black baby!). The downside is they didn't include a memory card, which had I known I would have got one before hand. So till then I can't update but I have to say the graphics are much, much, much better than the DS Lite (Luminous Arc vs. Jeane D'Arc, no competition).

I tried out the PS3 interactivity on my wireless network and while this isn't the updated version so could be faster, the browsing of the PS3 was slow and laggy. The PSP didn't work directory with the PSP when plugged in via the USB which was dissapointing. The only way it worked was if you used Remote Play and then went though the network (which I shouldn't have to do if it's connected via the USB!).

Connecting the PSP up to the network was the exact same process I used to hook up my PS3 which was setting up a direct IP via MAC address, and hard coding all the internet and DNS information. Worked like a champ. I'm eagerly awaiting the GPS attachment so hopefully it can be used as a navigation device.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Just got my PSP yesterday (the Piano Black baby!). The downside is they didn't include a memory card, which had I known I would have got one before hand. So till then I can't update but I have to say the graphics are much, much, much better than the DS Lite (Luminous Arc vs. Jeane D'Arc, no competition).

I tried out the PS3 interactivity on my wireless network and while this isn't the updated version so could be faster, the browsing of the PS3 was slow and laggy. The PSP didn't work directory with the PSP when plugged in via the USB which was dissapointing. The only way it worked was if you used Remote Play and then went though the network (which I shouldn't have to do if it's connected via the USB!).

Connecting the PSP up to the network was the exact same process I used to hook up my PS3 which was setting up a direct IP via MAC address, and hard coding all the internet and DNS information. Worked like a champ. I'm eagerly awaiting the GPS attachment so hopefully it can be used as a navigation device.
I absolutely love my PSP. Is what you have the new PSP Slims or 2k, whatever they call it? Cause I realllllyyy one a new one but, what i really want and not even sure if we will get it, but I want the final fantasy PSP that Japan got. I would drolllll for that.

Once you update your PSP, you should indeed have a good smooth connection because Remote play is awesome smooth. For example, you can fully play LAIR via Remote Play
Old 10-02-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
I absolutely love my PSP. Is what you have the new PSP Slims or 2k, whatever they call it?
Why yes it is, and it's actually lighter now than my PS3 controller. Amazon is now carrying the Silver and Black versions...not sure about others.

Quote:
Cause I realllllyyy one a new one but, what i really want and not even sure if we will get it, but I want the final fantasy PSP that Japan got. I would drolllll for that.
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, it's huge in Japan and has like tripled PSP sales. In fact PSP sold as much this month as all other console combined. It's sick.

Quote:
Once you update your PSP, you should indeed have a good smooth connection because Remote play is awesome smooth. For example, you can fully play LAIR via Remote Play
Can you play all PS3 games, or just certain ones? What about video movies on your PS3? That's what I'm most interested in actually.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Can you play all PS3 games, or just certain ones? What about video movies on your PS3? That's what I'm most interested in actually.
Only certain applications support Remote Play. Lair, [email protected], browser, and the Playstation Store off the top of my head. And yes you can play music and movies, but probably not Blu-Ray titles (I've never tried) on the PSP. It's probably the PS3's most impressive feature for me. I've left my PS3 in Remote Play mode and fired up [email protected] and let it run for days checking on it with the PS3 every now and then. Even from my parent's house over the Internet.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustoMan View Post
Only certain applications support Remote Play. Lair, [email protected], browser, and the Playstation Store off the top of my head. And yes you can play music and movies, but probably not Blu-Ray titles (I've never tried) on the PSP. It's probably the PS3's most impressive feature for me. I've left my PS3 in Remote Play mode and fired up [email protected] and let it run for days checking on it with the PS3 every now and then. Even from my parent's house over the Internet.
I do wish that it supported BD movies, even if it had to downscale them, but if not I suppose it makes my SD library still usefull to a degree.