PlayStation Store Coming To PCs - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Default PlayStation Store Coming To PCs

Quote:
Kaz Hirai's opening keynote for Tokyo Game Show featured plenty of announcements, but one that should interest PSP owners is that Sony has announced a version of the PlayStation Store accessible by PCs. The store is now live for Japanese gamers, featuring downloads like original PlayStation One games for the PSP, bypassing the need for a PLAYSTATION 3 with which to download content.

While the PlayStation Store is already live in Japan, it's restricted to that region only, so navigating it will be a challenge or impossibility for those in Europe and North America.
thats a very cool thing for those who own a PSP but dont have a PSP. Plus, its over all, great business plan and growth model for the PSP. This could have been used 2 years ago but better late then never
Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Pretty cool...

The lateness factor is definitely a Sony trademark in fact if I could find the tradmark symbol I would place it next to late. but they do get around to stuff eventually.

How many people work at Sony? is it like 5? one comes up with an idea, then one markets it, then one puts together a demo for a show, one spins it after it becomes late, and then the last guy is brought in to help finish the product off I dunno, but it could be true

Alex
Old 09-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiesAllLies View Post
Pretty cool...

The lateness factor is definitely a Sony trademark in fact if I could find the tradmark symbol I would place it next to late. but they do get around to stuff eventually.

How many people work at Sony? is it like 5? one comes up with an idea, then one markets it, then one puts together a demo for a show, one spins it after it becomes late, and then the last guy is brought in to help finish the product off I dunno, but it could be true

Alex
aint that the truth. Sony always has so many amazing products but so many times, they get mishandled. From Support, to advertisement, to business partners.

Thats what Sir Howard Stringer is suppose to be doing at Sony. Uniting their different divisions. Imagine if a year into the PSP's life span, they had such a service.

Personally, if I were at Sony, this is how I would have done it.

Made it a high priority that with the launch of the new PSP's, launch the PSN store worldwide. WIth that, also launch off a new wave of advertisement, highlighting everything the PSP has to offer. Almost kind of like the iPhone commercials.

From there, the month before its launch (august and sept) I would have dropped the price of the current PSP to $129. Any of those bad boys sitting on shelf would have been swooped up easily. And now, people would have access to downloadble content for their PSP. Cause last I checked, Sony has a big Movie production side, Music and games. Isnt that what the PSP is?

So that would have been an amazing and positive launch for the PSP.