Where is the price cut?!?!!? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Where is the price cut?!?!!?

I was actually excited about the rumored pricecut down to $399.

Is this just a dream, or too eary to announce?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Sony seriously missed an opportunity here to sell mass amounts of PS3's this holidays with the price cut to $400. Their TGS showing has been terrible. The biggest news announced was Home is being delaying until 08, which is balls. If they wanna move any units this holiday they really need to do something besides sit on their asses.

On a brighter note, I am happy I got a PSP slim. Some nice games coming out for it and some neat functionality with the PS3 (turn it on and off by PSP from anywhere).
Old 09-20-2007, 01:02 PM

You know it's sad when people are getting this excited over them releasing rumble controllers. I do think it's a good move, and I love rumble, but it just proves that people are trying so hard to want to love what Sony is doing, and they keep making odd choices.....
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbofet View Post
You know it's sad when people are getting this excited over them releasing rumble controllers. I do think it's a good move, and I love rumble, but it just proves that people are trying so hard to want to love what Sony is doing, and they keep making odd choices.....
I think it's pretty sad when people are upset over the fact that Sony didn't announce a $200.00(!!!) price cut 2 months before the Christmas shopping season when it is supposedly going to be in effect. The 60gb models are still selling in stores, and all of a sudden they'll announce the drop that will take place in 2 months? Do you really expect them to kill any potential sales for those 2 months as people wait? Come on...... It will get announced 1 week, if even that far away, from the date any price cut takes effect.

If there's going to be one, then patience is a virtue. It would be a marketing nightmare for them to announce it right now.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

If they are going to announce it, they are probably waiting to do it after the 5 free bd offer expires at the end of this month.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 PM

I think they really need to announce it quick. With the hypewagon of Halo less than a week away, this kind of announcement would be lessened by the Bungie juggernaut.

I think if they still do announce this, it will be with Spiderman 3's release. For some reason, it seems like they are focusing way more on BD that on games, and I don't see any other system selling games until spring.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Sony's not gonna announce another SKU until they've officially run out of EVERY 60GB unit. So until those sell out? No new SKU.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I was actually excited about the rumored pricecut down to $399.

Is this just a dream, or too eary to announce?
lol yes. Lets just bankrupt the company. COmpanys dont need to actually make any money at all. Why not just sell them at $199 and get the entire market!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:08 PM

Dude, I'm just asking if the rumors were true.

No need to be so defensive. I'm not trying to bankrupt your company.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Dude, I'm just asking if the rumors were true.

No need to be so defensive. I'm not trying to bankrupt your company.
Being a share holder, technically correct. On the other side, its called google.