Major Warhawk Bug - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Major Warhawk Bug

Nobody on here seems to have mentioned or noticed this yet, but there is a major bug that gets people loads of kills with tanks. Not sure how it works, but after being victimized by it I switched teams to find the person and observe what they were doing.

If you are a victim of these phantom tank kills, yes the person is cheating. Somehow they are controlling a tank, but they are standing outside of it, and they are able to fire upon anywhere on the map from their location. The tank and the person aren't moving, and the tank firing sound effect is missing. There is no visible shell being ejected by the tank, but you can watch them rack up the kills. I can't find any way to report people using this bug or any way to contact the Warhawk dev team about the issue, and it's pretty retarded since it allows people to get 50+ kills without a single death in ranked servers. I won't be playing anymore in ranked games because of this, everyone should follow suit since until it is fixed.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 AM

can you go a little more into detail about this. I can report this to the dev team.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:14 AM

Seems they already know about it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone get this game until they confirm it's been fixed. Everyone is too busy whining about the broken stat tracking to realize none of it matters until this bug is removed.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 PM

dude. first, you can just play in the none ranking servers and 2nd, who cares. if you see a person doing that, leave the room or just continue have fun. Scores are over rated.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM

Not saying that I care about the stats, but there is a huge majority complaining about broken stat tracking while something like this goes mostly under the radar. Playing on any server now you can find people doing this, and there isn't anything that you can really do to stop it from ruining a match.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
dude. first, you can just play in the none ranking servers and 2nd, who cares. if you see a person doing that, leave the room or just continue have fun. Scores are over rated.
I would say plenty of people care, or the ranked servers wouldn't always be packed. This is not a trivial problem and I think anyone should be able to admit that. I love Warhawk, but cheaters suck.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I would say plenty of people care, or the ranked servers wouldn't always be packed. This is not a trivial problem and I think anyone should be able to admit that. I love Warhawk, but cheaters suck.
And I swear there is an issue with warping air mines. I'll just be flying around and blow up, even though I know I wasn't near one.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
dude, don't get me wrong, cheaterss suck but thats not that wide spread compared to other games and all you gotta do is leave the room, its not thia over blown omg ill never play again and tell anybody ro biy this till they fix it stuff cause frankly, ive been on fron launch hour and ive yet to run into this and i play alot.

Further more, rank and all is cool but there is more to gaming then getting headaches over your rank
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 AM

Nobody cares about rank. Only reason I mentioned the ranked servers is that there are too many people logging retarded complaints over the broken stat tracking and not enough that are complaining about this cheat. It should be one of those "fix it ASAP" type things and not a "wait til next patch cycle" type of thing. I'm sure you've run into it and haven't quite noticed, possibly because you were on the same team as the cheater.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:07 AM

I have the game on disc and it keeps locking up my PS3 where it forces me to hold the power button so it turns off. Aggravating, never had a game do this.