Home Update - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Home Update

wooo hoo. Niceeeee big home update. Go take a look for those who are in.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:12 PM
HDD Contributor

Someone on a website already broke NDA and posted pictures. Feel sorry for the guy since it probably means getting booted out of beta, but on the other hand, nice to see that Home is looking closer to the presentations given at E3. Have fun with it, illegalprelude, with any luck it's just a few weeks away for the rest of us now...
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 PM

I can say its very much so getting close to the idea of E3. Dont wanna give away any details away but were getting there. It was indeed a nice update
Old 09-15-2007, 12:45 AM

I'm DL my update now since I was having such trouble getting the new firmware. Oh my god this is totally kick ass!! I cant really say anything else than that but wow it's crazy!!
Mischa.

Last edited by mischa316; 09-15-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:59 AM

You're all horrible. Teasing us unfortunate folk who didn't get in with your updates on how great 'home' is. It just makes it harder to wait for... [a few tears]
Old 09-15-2007, 10:22 AM

hey im kinda new what update is it?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbirdneutral11 View Post
hey im kinda new what update is it?
What update are you referring to? If you mean the Home one, if your in the Home Beta, the minute you log in, you will see that it will ask you to download it. If not in the Home Beta, I unfortunately cannot say much
Old 09-15-2007, 06:25 PM
HDD Contributor

Without breaking your NDA, or giving out any details, I do have a couple of questions for Home Beta testers.

Is it enjoyable? Can you see yourselves using this on a regular basis?

I myself have a few years of Second Life experience, so the idea of "social software" isn't entirely new to me, and I can see the appeal of it. Just wondering if the more "mainstream" crowd finds the idea of a virtual social environment to be a gimmick with no value, or something that they find enhances their enjoyment.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
Without breaking your NDA, or giving out any details, I do have a couple of questions for Home Beta testers.

Is it enjoyable? Can you see yourselves using this on a regular basis?

I myself have a few years of Second Life experience, so the idea of "social software" isn't entirely new to me, and I can see the appeal of it. Just wondering if the more "mainstream" crowd finds the idea of a virtual social environment to be a gimmick with no value, or something that they find enhances their enjoyment.
Thats a fair question.

I think the answer is a very positive yes. I think in long term, there is alot of amazing plans for it, whether that takes fruit or not, we will see (I mean in terms of Lobys for particular games and checking out trophies of others and Media sharing and etc.)

But, from what we have currently, I think the answer is still a very solid yes in a few regards. A. The reason many like online games is the social experience. This takes the idea of your Buddy List and turns it into a social environment. You dont have to just message people via email like back and forth. You can just walk around and talk to multiple people. Also, you can now make new friends, not limited to "I just met them in game X".

Also, this allows for the idea of a few friends to meet somewhere and get ready to jump into a particular game while everybody is arriving and getting ready and now your all online, together in an open environment and have a good time and talk before you game. So if your suppose to play Socom 4 at 9. People start jumping online by 8:30, they can now come to my apartment and we can chill and listen to music or watch video's at my place till everybody gathers in that room, then we all jump into the same game or we hang out at the lobby, instead of starring at the XMB or being distracted by booting into another game, till everybody is online and good to go, then we can all like I said, boot into a game together and walla.

From there on, alot of people like the more casual games. Like Chess/Checkers/Bowling/Pool/Arcade etc. Before, you would have to boot into the game, see the lobby list and play with somebody.

Now, you can see "hey, there is a group of people playing bowling and having convo's about Spiderman 3. I loved that movie, why not, ill join the group and bowl and discuss the movie and have a blast" or just that there is another person waiting to play Pool, let me go talk to him/her and do that.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 AM

I agree as well what Prelude said. Another thing you could use is a USB keyboard. I have used my zboard on it so you can type that way as well. So you dont have to use the controller on it. Makes it easier when people are talking to you. It does look very good though.
Mischa.