Logitech intros Cordless Vantage Headset, MediaBoard Pro for PS3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Logitech intros Cordless Vantage Headset, MediaBoard Pro for PS3

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/12/l...d-pro-for-ps3/

Quote:
Following up on the original Cordless MediaBoard, Logitech has recently unveiled the Bluetooth-enabled MediaBoard Pro and tossed in the Cordless Vantage Headset for good measure. These PS3 peripherals make chatting it up whilst gaming quite an easy feat, and while the rechargeable headset provides "an ambidextrous behind-the-head design and an adjustable noise canceling microphone," the MediaBoard Pro sports a piano black finish, a dedicated Menu button, and of course, the circle / square / X / triangle buttons as well. As for the headset (shown after the break), expect it to land this November in the US (December for Europe) for $79.99, while the new 'board should hit both markets in October for the same price.

I got the Logitech DiNovo and love it but then again, I paid $200 and this thing is $80. Not bad and very sexie
Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 AM

I like that this Mediaboard has Bluetooth. I thought it was really lame that the first one didn't. I kept me from buying it the first time around.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 AM

I've had a diNovo bluetooth keyboard/mouse for a long time that I'm currently using and prefer my keyboard because it's so tiny. This one looks massive, and smelly. I bet it smells bad.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustoMan View Post
I like that this Mediaboard has Bluetooth. I thought it was really lame that the first one didn't. I kept me from buying it the first time around.
I totally agree. Thats why I went DiNovo. Its like dude, the PS3 has bluetooth and you want me to stick a USB adaptor to use IR?

So this is a welcome move
Old 09-14-2007, 05:22 PM

IR would totally suck. Who wants maintain line-of-sight anymore?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenDude View Post
IR would totally suck. Who wants maintain line-of-sight anymore?
Amen to that man. I love my PS3 bluetooth remote and it makes my Harmony 1000 feel like poop in the sense of, the way I have equipment setup, there is a couch that from alot of angels, is blocking the Receiver or Cable Box because they sit on the lower shelves and it just wont do shit so I gotta get up and move around to make it work

But with the Mr. Bluetooth, point at my skull and it still works.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:55 PM

This is a nice keyboard. My wife and I use it (or at least the previous version, and it works well. However, i think it lacks the complete mapping to the controller that I would like, thus R2-R3, L2-L3 aren't mapped, as well as some other keys. They also don't give you any sort of guide either, so makes it hard to determine what key does what. I see they do tell you a few of the keys in the newer version, but still lacks alot of the mappings.