Stranglehold Demo on PS store - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Stranglehold Demo on PS store

FINALLY!

of course, I'm at work and will have to wait.

Anyone have a chance to grab it? Thoughts? Any 360 users who've played it on both systems.... ?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 AM

I didnt bother to play it, I played it on the 360 and it got me sick, its kinda repetitive IMHO.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM

I'm a huge max payne fan (PC version) so I am highly looking forward to this game. However, the thoughts of most gamers is they don't like it
Old 09-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Watcher of stances

grabbed it last night, seems like it ran a tad bit smoother on the 360 demo.

plays identical otherwise. definite renter for me only because i'm a huge fan of the film genre.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:23 PM

you know what. i saw many trailers for this and I was like meh, another Max Paine, Matrix, type game.

But I gave the download a shot and I had a shit ton of fun. It didnt seem to take itself too seriously or Maybe I didnt take the game too seriously and so therefor, it was alot of fun. I might indeed actually pick this game up now if it does come with Hard Boiled on Blu-ray
Old 09-07-2007, 04:03 PM
HDD Contributor

Tried it, but it didn't really pull me in. My personal prejudice in action games is more towards the melee-ish, 3rd person-y acrobatics of games like Devil May Cry and God of War, so Heavenly Sword is a better fit for my tastes.

Although I found it both disturbing and comical that Chow Yun Fatt wanted to slide across just about EVERY DAMN THING he encountered. All I had to do was brush against a table or desk and that Whacky Inspector automatically threw himself into sitting position on it, guns held high. When you do this after all the enemies are dead, it sort of seems like Inspector Tequila is reliving a second childhood and just sliding around on things for fun, quietly whispering "Wheeee!" to himself.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:44 PM

The sliding thing is something they could've worked on a bit. It doesn't fail completely, it just happens automatically WAY TO MUCH. I liked pressing L1 to action an object (like slide down a railing) and I liked how the environments helped you dispatch with the enemy. The shootout were cool too, but by the end of the game, might get a little tedious.

The bullet..i mean.. Tequila time seemed a little frequent. Maybe this game would've benefited from having less enemies that were harder to kill instead of flooding you with yakuza gangsters over and over again.

Just the term "Tequila Bombs" and namedropping Chow Yun Fat makes this game seem cool. I would urge everyone to try out the demo just to see if it's up your alley. I wasn't too enthused going into it but I heard of this massive game budget behind it and the destructible environments and I had to see what the fuss was about.

I will buy this game if only for the Hard Boiled Blu-Ray pack-in. Has there been any mention of this movie being released without the game or any mention of AQ/PQ specs?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:24 AM

for me, if it comes with hard boiled on Blu-ray. Im Sold.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:02 PM

it does seem smoother in the 360, there were times where it jumped a lil on the ps3. but i would get it on the ps3 because of the hard boiled bluray.lol