No HD output on PS3! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Default No HD output on PS3!

I've had my PS3 since February and absolutely love it. I've amassed a collection of about 50 Blu-ray movies and have never had a problem playing any of them until last night, but for some reason the unit didn't put out a picture! I could hear all the sounds, but didn't see anything. I thought my HDMI cable went bad, so I changed it, same result. Hooked up some component cables, same result. I plugged in the AV cables and those worked, but I can't get an HD picture with this thing and I have no idea what would make this happen after working perfectly for 6 months. I didn't install yesterday's update yet, so it's no problem with that. My standalone upconverting DVD player and my HD cable box still work perfectly, so it's not the TV.

I called the customer service line this morning and the guy was mystified and wants me to send it back but I'm really worried. Anyone else had this happen?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:27 PM

With just the HDMI cable connected, did you reset the console (put in standby, then press and hold power for 10 seconds)?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Banned

Did u change any of the settings on the ps3 for display?

If not, your picture may have died with the ps3 and probably will have to send it in. The turn around rate is pretty fast for the ps3, so its not a big deal.

Unless you got a warranty in store.. that works too.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:34 PM

are you getting your audio via HDMI also? or just video and audio from Optical.

Also, reset your PS3 like the other person said. hold down the power button for about 10 seconds.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenDude View Post
With just the HDMI cable connected, did you reset the console (put in standby, then press and hold power for 10 seconds)?
Hey Guys - I sold my PS3 20 GB last week on eBay. The buyer got it today & sent me an email all freaked out because they can't get a display on their TV. I asked them what connection they're trying to use. They haven't answered back yet, but I'm assuming they're trying to use the standard def A/V cable connection, as that's all I sent - what came in the original retail box.

I was using HDMI 1080i connection, so that's what the display output was set to. Will this reset the console by holding down the power for 10 seconds re-set the display output to A/V cables? Or is there another / better way to do this?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Hey Guys - I sold my PS3 20 GB last week on eBay. The buyer got it today & sent me an email all freaked out because they can't get a display on their TV. I asked them what connection they're trying to use. They haven't answered back yet, but I'm assuming they're trying to use the standard def A/V cable connection, as that's all I sent - what came in the original retail box.

I was using HDMI 1080i connection, so that's what the display output was set to. Will this reset the console by holding down the power for 10 seconds re-set the display output to A/V cables? Or is there another / better way to do this?

Thanks.
Have him turn off the power switch in the back, then hold down the power button in the front while switching back on the switch in the back. Hold the button in the front until the unit turns itself back off. This will reset the console's A/V output.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
Have him turn off the power switch in the back, then hold down the power button in the front while switching back on the switch in the back. Hold the button in the front until the unit turns itself back off. This will reset the console's A/V output.
what he said.
Spoiler
Post Count +1. Yes!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
what he said.
Spoiler
Post Count +1. Yes! - LOL. I decided just to stay out of the water cooler - son. ;-)
Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Many thanks!

Spoiler
Post Count +1. Yes! - LOL. I decided just to stay out of the water cooler - son. ;-)
I come in peace!