Anybody else get their copy of LAIR today? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Anybody else get their copy of LAIR today?

Just got home, can't wait to play it.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:48 PM

Let me know what you think. This was one of my most anticipated titles, but the reviews have left me unsure. Mostly they complain about the controls. GI also said that to offset the f'd up controls, they made the game real easy.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 PM

i got it and played thru the first level or so, mainly just the intro to the game and the tutorial, first off i read the IGN review & it got a 4.9..........by NO means is this game a 4.9 overall, thats BULL, yes it takes a little to get used to the controls, but damn this game is beautiful & very responsive, so it makes up for having to use the motion controls

i have kept hitting the sticks as force of habit from playing Warhawk, but once i realize what i'm doing im' back to motion sensing. MS controls in other games, ie Warhawk & Motorstorm aren't ass responsive as Lairs, it makes good use of the control scheme and so far i'm happy with my purchase

i will continue to play and see if as the hardness ramps up if the controls will start to make it a downfall, i do wish there were options to change the controls, even jus to invert the sticks for looking around, but nope, not a one, oh well just gotta get used to it

so far i'm feeling a high 7, low 8 for it, as of now, the game is amazingly detailed, gr8 music, controls are definitely usable, as i play more im sure my rating will go up/down with more time
Old 08-30-2007, 10:47 PM

Nope, don't plan on it. This game was a big factor that made me purchase a PS3 and after all the complaints of the controls and what sounds to be a horrid lock on system, I'm glad I'm not spending money on this. From the IGN review, they described stuff that would drive me insane if I was playing, so I'll have to say their score is justified. I'll get Warhawk instead.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueeds View Post
Nope, don't plan on it. This game was a big factor that made me purchase a PS3 and after all the complaints of the controls and what sounds to be a horrid lock on system, I'm glad I'm not spending money on this. From the IGN review, they described stuff that would drive me insane if I was playing, so I'll have to say their score is justified. I'll get Warhawk instead.
GAME INFORMER gave LAIR much better reviews!!! Warhawk is a kick ass game as well!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeeswish View Post
GAME INFORMER gave LAIR much better reviews!!! Warhawk is a kick ass game as well!
And GI is the magazine that I've always read... I'll take their word for it, but I'm gonna wait untill a playable demo is on PSN or rent the game after a while.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:55 AM

This is one of the games I have really been looking forward to and I have been disappointed in the reviews. And now I just finished reading IGN's review...a 4.9...holy jeez thats not what I wanted to see. I'm gonna have to wait for a demo too i think.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:15 PM

what i find funny too is, isnt it IGN who had a preview on the game and loved the controls?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
what i find funny too is, isnt it IGN who had a preview on the game and loved the controls?
Thats what I remember too. Wierd aint it.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 PM

It was likely a different person who did the preview from who did the review. I think Lair is a little ahead of it's time, given that motion sensing controllers aren't exactly perfected yet (The Wii isn't exactly the mos accurate thing on the planet either. It's better than the Sixaxis but meh.... I wouldn't say lightyears better.).

Nonetheless, I'm sure patches can come out to perhaps add in conventional controls.