Anyone know anything about the next firmware update? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Anyone know anything about the next firmware update?

I heard we're supposed to get XMB functions while in game (which would be awesome if that included music....) and a few other things I forgot about.

And also don't we normally get monthly firmware updates? Why nothing in August, so far?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:58 PM
HDD Contributor

There's been nothing official announced for the next firmware update, although rumors abound that the big reason is that the next update will be to 2.0 and will include Home.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
I heard we're supposed to get XMB functions while in game (which would be awesome if that included music....) and a few other things I forgot about.

And also don't we normally get monthly firmware updates? Why nothing in August, so far?
probably no update because their working on bigger things. One of the other things their working on is improving upconversion by 30-40% as it was stated from Sony but I say let them take their time. Bigger updates are better then minor ones anyways but im assuming their getting ready for the fall/Holiday.

They dont just plan for that month but have some kind of roadmap and im sure this Holiday season somehow plays into that, being that its going to be a critical time to move machines.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 PM

yea, home is the feature they are working hardest at right now to get ready for the holiday season. Hopefully with all of these new Fox BD titles coming out now they will finally make DTS-HD Master Audio fully compatible, instead of only the core.