Will you buy Warhawk? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Will you buy Warhawk?
Yes 26 60.47%
No 17 39.53%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Will you buy Warhawk?

Since Warhawk comes out this August 28th, I was wondering how many people will be buying it?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Banned

I am! It comes with a bluetooth headset.. which cost about 40-60 anyways.

So free game!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Formerly Delta_FX

Yep, I Beta tested the game and loved it! Will def. be getting it next Tuesday.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:33 AM
HDD Contributor

I'm going to be waiting on this one. Right now my priority is Heavenly Sword, because I tend to be more hesitant of "pure multi-player" games. It's not that I don't like multi-player games, I just tend to enjoy them more when I play with friends, rather than just hit a lobby and randomly get thrown in with a bunch of folks. I've had bad, BAD experiences with this kind of "pick up" style gameplay and don't have much patience anymore for trash-talking kids and/or griefers who simply like ruining the experience for everyone else.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:05 AM

Nope. The original Warhawk for the Playstation(1) was awesome. I'm kind of bummed that this version is only multiplayer...

Does anyone know if this game was always intended to be just multiplayer? It seems like at some point, I remember hearing about the development of the game faltering (the developer was having some financial difficulties or something...) and it was almost canceled.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:22 PM
HDD Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugApug View Post
Nope. The original Warhawk for the Playstation(1) was awesome. I'm kind of bummed that this version is only multiplayer...

Does anyone know if this game was always intended to be just multiplayer? It seems like at some point, I remember hearing about the development of the game faltering (the developer was having some financial difficulties or something...) and it was almost canceled.
Damn, someone else actually remembers the original Warhawk... I loved that game, but in retrospect, those ultra-cheesy live action, full motion video cutscenes were... painful.

I believe you are right, originally the game was going to have a single player component, but they scrapped it as they found themselves paying more and more attention to the multi aspect.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 PM

I loveedd the Beta. Was soo much fun. I own the original game for PS and cannot wait for this game. Thats next Tuesday. w00t. PSN download for me.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:09 PM

I too beta tested. Definite purchase for me. Physical version with headset, as I need a headset.

I had lots of fun with it, and was perfecting my "stay in the background like a wimp" technique at the end of the beta. It involved camping near sniper rifle / goggle respawn points in good sniping positions. I was getting some pretty sick KDR's using it.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:18 PM

Are there two flavors of the game? One with a headset and one without?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:23 PM
HDD Contributor

There are two flavors of the game, yes. One a pure digital download, and the other a Blu-Ray disc that includes a headset and a few extras like "making of videos," concept artwork, etc. As far as I know, there is no BD version without the headset.