Dish Network’s Virtual Joey on the PlayStation 3 Drawing Ire - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-04-2014, 08:04 PM
HDD Editor

Default Dish Network’s Virtual Joey on the PlayStation 3 Drawing Ire

App's usefulness remains in question.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...wing-ire/15416
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

No surprise to me, Much the same way BOTH satellite providers claim to offer a FREE DVR when in fact, the DVR is useless unless you pay for the "programming" that it needs in order to function.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM

No surprise to me either. DISH has always done this sort of thing, this is one of the reasons I got rid of them. They nickle and dime you to death. I would never go back to DISH.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvcleave View Post
No surprise to me either. DISH has always done this sort of thing, this is one of the reasons I got rid of them. They nickle and dime you to death. I would never go back to DISH.
Dish has noticeably better picture quality over directv. Directv compresses the hell out of the signal. Look at underwater scenes and dark scenes, massive banding and compression noise.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:43 AM

I've tried every cable/satellite provider available in my area over the last 15 years and Dish continues to be the best in terms of service, technology, and picture quality. It's why I was so disappointed when this was finally revealed as an extra expense. I'll stick with my Dish Anywhere App.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:51 PM

I agree, I switched to Dish after a decade with Directv. I'm saving over $50 a month from when I had Directv(from $146 a month to $92),. A lot of that is because I had to buy the "everything" package with direct to get all the channels I wanted, where as Dish has all the channels I need on the 2nd or third tier package. I almost didn't switch as when I called to cancel they were gonna throw in the new 5 channel recording at a time DVR, I do wish I had that every now and then, but ultimately I'm happy with the decision.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The Hopper lets you record multi channels at a time as well. And there are ways to disable the "we record what we tell you" complaints on the Directv bash Dish commercial.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:45 AM

2 at a time or 3 if one of the shows is on the local channels. I'm often working out conflicts. My Directtv dvr was several years old so newer ones mag behave differently, but the Hopper is much better about automatically recording a later showing if there is a conflict. Just gotta be careful that shows which only get aired once have a higher priority.

And yeah the installer actually disabled the suggested recordings deal.