question of ps3 network - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2007, 12:54 PM

Default question of ps3 network

Is it normal that I keep getting signed out of the network, for instance when I see a movie or play a demo?

Also, I'm connected wirelessly, and my heavenly sword demo literally took hours, it was ridiculous.

Was this normal? and if I connect with wire, do you think it would be much faster?

and my ps3 makes like a whizzing sound very low but its there, is that the disc drive?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:07 PM

i've noticed that i kept getting signed out of the network too. i did some research, it might have been my router - apparently linksys routers have issues with upnp or something with ps3s. i turned upnp off and it seems to be better (but haven't had the time recently to play extensively on my ps3, so can't say for sure).

download speeds can be spotty from the ps store. did you download on release day? because if you did, the fact that every ps3 owner was downloading it at the same time probably killed you. i dl'd it the day after, and it took one hour.

wired will not make your dl speeds appreciably faster, assuming your wireless connection is working properly. you will still be limited by the connection from your house to the source.

whizzing sound is probably the fan.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM

i downloaded yesterday and it took so long

and I'm getting massive connection problems, seems like the ps3 is very sensitive to my linksys router.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:15 PM

i have a wrt54g. make sure you have the latest firmware, and if that doesn't do the trick, try turning off upnp.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonshu View Post
i have a wrt54g. make sure you have the latest firmware, and if that doesn't do the trick, try turning off upnp.
me too! I have the same one. what firmware on you on?

does your router randomly shut off here and there? I'm talking about the orange light, mine shuts off all the time off and on for like 4 seconds it goes off.

LUckily my xbox stays online, seems like it's not that sensitive to it, but my ps3 will lose connction and stay off till I reboot the router.

I also connected right now with wire, and I downloaded the resistnace demo and it was much faster
Old 07-31-2007, 03:03 PM

for movies yes, it will sign you out of the Network but for games and such and vidoes just on your PS3, it shouldnt be doing that