Ninja Gaiden Sigma (gggrr) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Ninja Gaiden Sigma (gggrr)

ok, guh is it just me or this is game frustratingly hard. I find myself not too far (fighting to Fire Horse) and while the game started fun, those god damn Warlocks are just frustrating. Its turned into a task to even try to beat this level.

Hard gone too far? and this is on Normal I know I dont suck @ games tooo....eerrrrrrr
Old 07-31-2007, 09:39 AM

I know that NGB had something called "Ninja Dog" mode which was basically an unlockable easy difficulty. You just start the game on normal and die several times (think it was 3 continues worth) and then it tells you that Ninja Dog mode has been unlocked. Might also be in Sigma, although I don't own it, so I can't test this myself.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
ok, guh is it just me or this is game frustratingly hard. I find myself not too far (fighting to Fire Horse) and while the game started fun, those god damn Warlocks are just frustrating. Its turned into a task to even try to beat this level.

Hard gone too far? and this is on Normal I know I dont suck @ games tooo....eerrrrrrr
What chapter are you on? I just started chapter 11.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
I know that NGB had something called "Ninja Dog" mode which was basically an unlockable easy difficulty. You just start the game on normal and die several times (think it was 3 continues worth) and then it tells you that Ninja Dog mode has been unlocked. Might also be in Sigma, although I don't own it, so I can't test this myself.
I hope so bro cause a challenge is fun but this is getting ludacris. Maybe ill try not playing the game @ 2am but we will see how it treats me and ill for sure try your method, not that its gonna be too hard not to die 3 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
What chapter are you on? I just started chapter 11.
Im just on the end of Chapter 2 My problem is those damn Warlocks. Im trying to fight the boss and they keep coming and shooting their Chi attack or whatever and poofing and that shit follows you to an extend too and then the dude on the Horse is on Fire and running around with his spear
Old 07-31-2007, 03:48 PM

here's what i did to beat that guy.

Focus on the warlocks. Get in close and kill them. they keep repoping, but no worries. just keep killing them. If you can, do so at either end of the bridge.

When fire horse dude rides up, he'll make an attack you can either dodge or block, then, while he's turning around to ride away, attack him(from behind if you can). then go back to killin the worlocks. The worlocks will drop health from time to time, so that helps. Also, if there is an orb floating around, and the horse guy is getting close, start charging for a super attack. You can suck in the orb and it will automatically power up, and unleash that on the boss.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:52 PM

I was thinking about buying this game. Worth it?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:01 PM

If you didn't play the two previous versions, it would probably seem like a breath of fresh air. Be prepared for a challenge though. Within 30 minutes, you'll either get better at this game or die horribly and throw it across the room.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cieljek View Post
here's what i did to beat that guy.

Focus on the warlocks. Get in close and kill them. they keep repoping, but no worries. just keep killing them. If you can, do so at either end of the bridge.

When fire horse dude rides up, he'll make an attack you can either dodge or block, then, while he's turning around to ride away, attack him(from behind if you can). then go back to killin the worlocks. The worlocks will drop health from time to time, so that helps. Also, if there is an orb floating around, and the horse guy is getting close, start charging for a super attack. You can suck in the orb and it will automatically power up, and unleash that on the boss.
Yeah, what he said. ^^^ These are good tips. warlocks will usually drop health which will help you get through.

Remember too, the controls are relativly simple but there is a steep learning curve, it takes a while to get really good at the fighting, even after you already feel like you know what you're doing. I went back after I beat the game and fought bosses that I thought were hard the first time, and well... let's just say I smacked em around and made em call me daddy.

Another general strategy you absolutely NEED to get through the game is: Get used to blocking... alot. If you're not attacking or running, you should be blocking. And make good use of the 'reverse wind' technique (otherwise known as a 'dodge roll'). It will help you on that boss too.

DONT GIVE UP! It only gets better from there... truly one of the best games of all time.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyz123 View Post
I was thinking about buying this game. Worth it?
Don't think. Buy now. Errrr... that is if you don't own the xbox version.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
If you didn't play the two previous versions, it would probably seem like a breath of fresh air. Be prepared for a challenge though. Within 30 minutes, you'll either get better at this game or die horribly and throw it across the room.
Thanks for the response.

I'm one of those reverse attach rate Ps3 owners. I didn't own a Playstation 1 or 2, or an Xbox or Xbox 360, but because of the PS3 I'm now buying games. I haven't played most of the game franchises out there with the exception of some PC games (like EA sports games & Grand Theft Auto). Because of it, I'm not so good at FPS games like Resistance or fighting games like Fight Night or Virtua Fighter (not bad at sports games though), so I'm sure I would be horrible at this one to start. It looks interesting though.

Based on the difficulty level you are describing, maybe I should rent it first to see if I have the patience to get better at it.