PS4 preorders live, $399.99 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default PS4 preorders live, $399.99

In case it was missed, Amazon among others is taking preorders for the PS4 system for $399.99

Just how many of us cannot wait and will preorder one?

Past experience with 3 previous generation Sony gaming systems, the first batches of them are "Made in Japan" and offer the best performance, least troublesome operation. In a nutshell the QA department was not as thorough outside of Japan.
My original Japanese made PS, PS2 and PS3 all still work. The original PS and PS2 also had built-in Svideo ports. Remember also that with each redesign Sony was finding ways to cut costs so they started cutting out more and more options/features.

I have owned Japanese made units but my experience with non Japanese manufactured units in assisting friends in trying to get their units fixed. The Made in China or Mexico units all had higher failure rates, even if they did last for years.
Original PS - Bad laser mechs/skipping. Required frequent calibration to fix. If one left the units plugged in, the heat from the Power Supply also did a number on calibration.
PS2 - Bad Laser Mechs and infant mortality of other components.
PS3 - Heat related failures, likely cheaper components.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 PM

I preordered last night

Microsoft has really lost me in the past couple months.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM

I pre ordered last night as well, hopefully they will ship day one, not sure when their availability came up last night.

My original PS3 lasted a long time, died last year. My launch PS2 was a disaster however, I had that fucker refurbed every 3 months it seemed. Finally learned not to use it as a DVD player, as that seemed to be what kept killing it for some reason.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I pre ordered last night as well, hopefully they will ship day one, not sure when their availability came up last night.

My original PS3 lasted a long time, died last year. My launch PS2 was a disaster however, I had that fucker refurbed every 3 months it seemed. Finally learned not to use it as a DVD player, as that seemed to be what kept killing it for some reason.
My PS3 blu ray player is now a backup as I have the Oppo

I wasn't even gonna order the PS4 or Xbox One, especially after seeing the Microsoft's $499 price

But at $399 I am really tempted. At least I have until end of the year to decide LOL